IRESS is a principal supplier of sophisticated share market and wealth management systems in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa and the United Kingdom. Innovative and extensive, IRESS solutions deliver streamlined data and workflow to financial markets and wealth management professionals.
About the role
Core responsibility of this position is to perform the installation, maintenance and support of Financial Markets and Wealth Management Software and underlying server infrastructure.
The Hosting Services Team operates on a 6am – 8pm, 7-day week roster. On call work is required to meet the needs of the business.
Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Test and install new systems and provide on-site service to clients as required, in line with IRESS guidelines and industry standards. Conduct regular maintenance tests and checks to ensure all backup systems function correctly. Take appropriate action in line with IRESS guidelines.
- Provide afterhours emergency on-call rotational support (including weekends and public holidays when required).
- Carry out essential maintenance and equipment installations as required (including weekends and public holidays when required).
- Liaise with vendors to report and escalate faults.
- Respond to internal and external enquiries within the SLA and in line with IRESS guidelines and industry standards.
- Configure, install and document server-related equipment and systems.
- Monitor IRESS systems for alarms and outages, and take appropriate action in line with IRESS guidelines.
- Undertake any other tasks or projects as delegated by the Team Lead and/or Head of Operations.
- Increase your knowledge and skills associated with the installation, maintenance and monitoring of IRESS systems.
The position requires the individual to work closely with a variety of technical support teams within IRESS.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an IT Operations environment
- Possess strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 operating systems.
- Have a good understanding of Windows 2008 Active Directory and Domains
- Have a strong knowledge of DELL Servers running Windows operating systems
- Have a basic understanding of SQL Server administration.
- Possess relevant tertiary qualification and / or appropriate level of relevant industry experience
- Have strong knowledge of data communications concepts and practical skills
- Have the ability to carry out industry standard tests and diagnose and resolve faults
- Have the ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical staff
What you’ll bring to the team
- Excellent trouble-shooting, logical thinking and deductive skills
- Maintained focus and concentration under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player, and show dedication to the immediate team and company goals
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Flexible and adaptive
- Previous experience working in a regional / global role or team.
What we offer you in return
It’s a cliché, but we work hard and we play hard. We recognise and reward hard work with a great benefits package. On top of a good remuneration package we’ll give you a generous holiday allowance, retirement fund, life assurance and income protection cover plus a performance related bonus. We also provide seriously good coffee and plenty of other perks to brighten your day including a casual dress code, vibrant open workspaces with areas to relax including pause areas, table tennis; plus free fruit every day. There are always sports and social events happening and chances to get involved in our charity work if you want to. Oh, and every Friday the drinks are on us!
With offices worldwide, we offer exciting opportunities for you to learn, grow and progress. A career at IRESS really can take you anywhere.
Join us and be part of something amazing.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IRESS career website on iress.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply