Job Opening at Nedbank
Posted on: 15 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking/Financial Services
View All Jobs at Nedbank
Nedbank Group Limited is a bank holding company that operates as one of the four largest banking groups in South Africa. The company's shares have been listed on the JSE Limited since 1969.
To provide specialist advice and consultation on the product speciality; identify and resolve most complex issues related to specific product and be the final point of resolution before consulting externally. Create and/or maintain and communicate documentation of all processes; procedures and standards that enable the specific product and its application within Nedbank .Develop optimum solutions that meet both business and technology requirements . Design Technical Solution relating to the product.
- Consult and provide advice on the use of the specific product including development and configuration. Ensure on-going availability within the SLA requirements.
- Ensure maximum exploitation of the product features across multiple business initiatives. Identify further opportunities for use of the product. Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth. Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Identify opportunities to influence the improvement or enhancement of business processes and methodologies.
- Participate in Research and Development related to product usage.
- Ensure alignment with emerging technologies, and communicate the impact on Nedbank technologies. Participate and influence the technology evolution journey.
- Present to stakeholders on any impact or change to specific product.
- Meet client needs
- Provide stakeholders with business information on product performance.
- Become a trusted consultant.
- Expand IP beyond own product speciality
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders. Provide support on specific product Issues when consulted to provide problem solving.
- Participate in design forums, project forums and in Request for Proposal (RFP) document and maintain documents relevant to specific products. Align technology roadmap to strategic policies and procedures. Define and document standards relevant to specific product.
- Ensure implementation is aligned to compliance and legislation. Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses
- Maintain or validate up to date detail landscape views and technical guidelines of how specific products are implemented at Nedbank.
- Provide technical mentoring related to specific product
- Attend product specific industry forums. Attend technology specific industry forums and compile and present technical papers.
- Ensure alignment to Nedbank environment and legislative requirements
- Review Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensure delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned to support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Contribute to the content of the curricula for stakeholders Enable skilling and required corrective action taking place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team. Grow the profession through technical mentoring.
- Review vendor training offerings.
- Stay abreast of changes related to the product.
- Develop the skill (applicable technical product skill) within the organisation and act as skills mentor on specific product.
- Matrica/Grade 12/ national Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diploma / National 1st Degree
Accredited where formal expert certification on technology is available FPL or equivalent
Minimum Experience Level
5 - 7 years’ experience in an IT environment of which at least 2 years in a senior role from feeding career streams and at least 3-5 years specialisation in the specific product
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nedbank career website on jobs.nedbank.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs