Job Opening at Gautrain Management Agency
Posted on: 2 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at Gautrain Management Agency
The Gautrain Management Agency (GMA) is a Provincial Public Entity established in terms of the Gautrain Management Agency Act, Act 5 of 2006 and is listed as a Public Entity in Schedule 3 of the Public Finance Management Act.
Purpose: To manage, co-ordinate, implement and report on all aspects related to the Social Investment Programme (SIP) for the Gautrain Management Agency (GMA) in response to societal demands.
- A Degree Human and Social Science or Communication/ Marketing
- A Postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience working on an organisations SIP/ CSI projects
- SIP/ CSI Training; Exposure to the public industry; Excellent writing skills;
- Computer skills;
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with emotional situations;
- Ability to manage under rapidly changing and pressurised circumstances;
- Excellent networking skills and proven track record of networking among a broad range of stakeholders;
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information concisely;
- Ability to respond authoritatively under pressure.
- Formulate a SIP plan that is integrated in the GMA’s daily work.
- Develop a comprehensive SIP implementation plan.
- Consider and mitigate opportunities and challenges that may arise.
- Manage and implement the plan.
- Revise and align the plan in view of results, budget and GMA strategic directives.
- Contribute to the strategic intent of the GMA with regards to its SIP objectives.
- Interpret the GMA’s Strategic Objectives and Annual Performance Plan’s indicators into SIP
- Ensure the SIP Policy and Procedures are aligned with the strategy and objectives.
- Conduct a SIP stakeholder analysis and maintain good communication.
- Develop and comprehensive SIP stakeholder analysis.
- Implement a plan to maintain good relations with the identified stakeholders.
- Position the GMA as a socially responsible company.
- Entice SIP beneficiaries to become ambassadors of the GMA brand.
- Maintain and review SIP stakeholder overview and plan as and when required.
- Implementation, management and monitoring of the various SIP Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Early Childhood Development (ECD) projects.
- Plan regular visits to the NGOs and Early Childhood Development (ECD) project sites.
- Manage and implement the plan.
- Ensure alignment of the plan with service providers.
- Build sustainable relationships with the various SIP NGOs and ECDs.
- Review and report on results.
- Management of service providers contracted to assist the GMA in the execution of the SIP programme.
- Determine the SIP functions to be outsourced and services required from qualified and competent service providers.
- Prepare specifications and budgets and assist Supply Chain Management in the process of outsourcing of functions and services.
- Manage the service agreements, output and deliverables, quality of service and invoicing of appointed service providers.
- Form partnerships with non-profit organisations or private sector to enhance SIP project support.
- Source alternate and additional funding for SIP.
- Partner with other CSI foundations to entice them to support beneficiaries.
- Finalise Memorandum of Agreements with partners.
- Manage partnerships and report on it quarterly.
Management of GMA’s SIP Evaluation Committee.
- Maintain good relationship with Chairperson of SIP Evaluation Committee, ensuring consistent reporting and feedback.
- Convening and hosting SIP Evaluation Committee meetings, organizing training and feedback sessions in a timely manner.
- Compile templates (for site visits, reporting and monitoring), service provider reports and content needed by the Committee.
- Together with the Chairperson maintain the required number of committee members, motivating them to take part and get involved.
- Build team commitment.
- Foster relationships within the GMA to ensure understanding and support for the SIP programme.
- Ensure ongoing discussions and understanding of SIP throughout the Communication and Marketing Unit to ensure communication about success of GMA’s SIP projects to position GMA as socially responsible among staff.
- Change the mindset of staff to ensure engagement and support throughout the agency.
- Entice GMA staff to become SIP volunteers and support the programme.
Management of SIP budget.
- Monthly budget tracking.
- Report to Executive Manager Marketing on budget spend.
- Align budget items when necessary.
- Ensure tranche payments to NGOs and ECDs are made in a timely manner.
- Profile GMA as a well governed entity that delivers on its SIP commitments.
Monitoring and reporting on the SIP Programme.
- Measurement and evaluation of project performance and outcomes.
- Collecting feedback from service providers and SIP Evaluation Committee members to compile reports.
- Draft and submit reports to the SIP Evaluation Committee for evaluation.
- Implement remedial measures in view of results and strategic decisions.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on the attainment of outlined objectives.
- The GMA is an equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equality in employment, especially in respect of race, gender and disability as per the GMA Employment Equity Plan and Numerical Targets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Gautrain Management Agency career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs