The Department of Science, Mathematics and Technology Education was established in 2001 with a view to meeting the need for good teachers in these disciplines. To this end, experts in these fields have been appointed: academics who are not only known within their field, but who are also dedicated educators and who have a passion for the raising of education in their fields of expertise to unsurpassed heights.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop, present and co-ordinate undergraduate and postgraduate mathematics education courses for students for contact and distance presentation;
- Use a learning management system to develop and present courses;
- Present lectures and programmes out of town on any day of the week, including after hours and over weekends as required;
- Provide a significant contribution to research outputs, postgraduate teaching and supervision, as well as mentor students on teaching practice.
- An appropriate Master’s degree in Mathematics Education;
- Experience in teaching Mathematics at school or university level;
- At least two articles published in fully accredited academic journals.
- An appropriate PhD in Mathematics Education;
- Experience in the teaching Mathematics at school or university level;
- At least five articles published in fully accredited academic journals;
- Proven standing as an active researcher amongst peers;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision at master’s and doctorate levels.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
Appropriate language, communication, and teaching skills;
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
Proven record of the ability to attract external funding.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria career website on www.up.ac.za to apply