Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (Telesure) was established in 1998 to house the South African interests of the Guernsey-based international financial services group, Budget Holdings Ltd. The group owns and operates several of South Africa’s leading insurance brands and stands out with its multiple-channel, multiple-brand approach through direct sales, broker sales, aggregator sales and affinity partnerships.
The General Manager: Employee Benefits contributes to the organisational strategy by growing business through implementing and managing strategic initiatives to achieve company targets and objectives.
- Creation of the EB strategy and client value proposition, and the implementation thereof
- Establish structure and new business targets for team and individual financial advisors
- Determine key performance areas for all staff and ensure feedback of these
- Create relevant remuneration models for sales / service staff
- Accountable for delivery of growth and new business targets within or below agreed OPEX
- Regular feedback to and retention of existing clients
- Establish and maintain service level agreements with key clients
- Continuously review performance and initiate appropriate strategies
- Remain current and able to report on competitor activity and market landscape
- Ensures that all operational aspects are effectively managed by continuously reviewing quality and efficiency targets.
- Negotiate rates and terms with product providers
- Collation of the marketing and communications effort to all stakeholders
- Enure that compliance principals, processes and documentation is in place, monitored and adhered to
- Understand the corporate retirement funding markets and be responible for new client proposals and existing client reviews
- Develop product comparisons template and review methodologies
- Interpret and present the impact of fees / costs across administrators, asset managers, brokers etc.
- Participation in benefitis committees to ensure;
- Contribution to benefit reviews
- Make relevant recommendations
- Claims activity reporting
- Claims esclation intervention and recommendations
- Facilitation of annual events i.e. benefits roadshows
- Effectively manage talent and succession planning
- Grow, develop, lead, motivate and empower the team
- Articulate and communicate key deliverables and business context to the team
- Design and implement management and business plan for each Financial Year
- Responsible for all aspects of staff resourcing, succession planning, management and development ensuring the right people are in place to support service delivery, achieving production and performance targets at all times.
- Enable the team through required business processes, systems and knowledge
- Ensure development plans for the team are created, contracted and monitored
- Alignment of performance management contract to overall business drivers and customer experience expectations.
- Revise coaching needs and role profiles to customer focused context and expectations.
- Monitor operational efficiencies and re-engineer where required.
- Hold monthly team meetings and ensure that actions are recorded and executed.
- Continuously monitor and address absenteeism trends.
- Ensure that the correct employee on-boarding process is adhered to.
Effectively manage and report on the financial requirements of the business unit to meet business and profit targets.
Leverage all available information from our partners, the industry and internally to ensure we are constantly reviewing our departmental processes, systems and protocols with a view to improve efficiencies and to ensure best practice
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
Level of Education:
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) with University Entrance (NQF4)
- Relevant Degree
- FAIS Credit Requirements
- 5 -7 years relevant experience in the Employee Benefits Advisory Industry – with specific focus on Provident, Retirement funds and Group Risk benefits
- 3-5 years’ experience in a management role
Knowledge of the Employee Benefits Advisory Market
Technical understanding of :
- Legal and Regulatory environment
- Principles of insurance
- Investment Industry
- Market Trends
- Computer literate
- Excellent ccommunication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Adaptability to change
- Stress tolerance
- Customer centricity
- Leadership skills (e.g. coaching)
- Presentation skills
- Persuading and influencing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Telesure Group Services career website on www.linkedin.com to apply