Job Opening at RCL FOODS
Posted on: 6 March, 2018
Deadline: 6 March, 2018
View Jobs in Sales/Marketing
View All Jobs at RCL FOODS
RCL Foods Limited is listed on the JSE and is a subsidiary of Remgro Limited - has a market capitalization of approximately R13B and employs over 17,000 people. It is the holding company of four principal operating subsidiaries being Foodcorp (Pty) Ltd, TSB Sugar RSA (Pty) Ltd, Rainbow Farms (Pty) Ltd and Vector Logistics (Pty) Ltd. RCL Foods strategy is to build a diversified food business of scale in sub-Saharan Africa that has compelling brands that deliver to consumer and customer needs.
Are you a foodie and enjoy being innovative when it comes to developing new products? We need you!
RCL FOODS is on a quest to find an innovative food technologist to join our New Product and Process Development Department. The role will be based in Randfontein and will report to the Technical Manager.
- Completed National Diploma / BTech in Food Technology / related field
- Minimum 3yrs experience in FMCG environment
- Experience in sauces and baking – Added advantage
- Be willing to work overtime
- Responsible for innovation and renovation projects
- Give input in product development brief with the consumer in mind, to design to the correct moment of consumption etc
- Sourcing Specifications and Supply Chain Support - defining quality and technology standards and specifications for sourcing,
- Understand and accommodate for the impact of regulatory/statutory on proposed NPD product
- Produce prototypes to deliver against Product Brief
- Run Factory trials and share the report with key stake holders
- Facilitate sensory evaluation with Factory, brand and quality teams
- Ensure target costs for recipe are delivered, complete all costing BOMs
- Ensure products are launched according to planned timelines
- Develop processing parameters for R&D projects - using commercially viable specifications whilst maintaining required quality standards
- Project implementation, R&D Lab resource usage, evaluate together with the Factory team process & engineering performance
- Train the Factory team on all new products at Handover
- Validating product and process performance post launch
- Develop and sign off with SQA & QA all specifications (ingredients, draft and finished goods) and SOPs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RCL FOODS career website on rcl.erecruit.co to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs