Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
Products, the largest and most profitable OG, wishes to recruit 4 special individuals within the OG to enhance the sales capacity. These individuals will be placed on the sales career track working closely with the OG leadership and other service groups in support of achieving the OG growth objectives. The opportunities range from Manager to Senior Manager level.
Those joining will be responsible for growing the Products business (across all services). The focus will be on working within the greater Products team - supporting, managing and/or leading the origination and/or closing of opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. Accelerated career progression is possible with the achievement of the targets and/or shaping new, relevant and complex deals. Sales professionals own the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure. This is a specialised function and people with a grasp of the art and science of sales together with the right aptitude and market as well as client insights will be well suited.
The Products’ go-to-market approach across a vast portfolio of clients spanning Automotive, Industrial Equipment, Consumer Goods, Freight & Logistics and Retail, can be described as follows:
- A tiered approach, i.e. Tier 1, 2 and Themes
- Tier 1 refers to our target clients and most important;
- Tier 2 has high short term potential and could become a Tier 1 in good time;
- A theme consists of various services, are relevant irrespective of industry and enables replication of multiple conversations continuously.
The sales function comprises 2 main pillars. These are:
- Sales Origination
- Focus on discovering, identifying and defining business problems in order for the solution to be architected and proposed which incorporates most of what Accenture has to offer in a differentiated value proposition.
- Develop new business in existing and new accounts, thus a “farmer” in some instances and a “hunter” in others.
- Understands business well and able to interpret market trends, client feedback and insights in order to identify an opportunity.
- Challenge the status quo and ensure the right questions are asked.
- Run regular Tier 1 and 2 Demand Generation Workshops.
Develop relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at existing clients;
- Effectively engage with the influencers and decision makers to maintain their continued support of the Accenture proposition.
- Influence client’s selection process and evaluation criteria. Clearly articulate and communicate the deal and key buyer messages - what differentiates Accenture and the value to the client
- Facilitate the negotiations and closing activities. Best practice suggests utilising an independent negotiator to close larger deals in order to "protect" the account team.
- Manage successful transition of the opportunity to the delivery team.
- Support efforts and/or gain client agreement for press releases, use of references, event attendance, etc.
- Open new client doors with client stakeholders not previously engaged.
Manage the opportunity from sales pursuit to close;
- Establish qualification, win strategy, power map and relationship strategy.
- Conduct deal qualifications and coordinate internal approvals and sales team resources;
- Manage solution/proposition develop client interactions, relevant client demonstrations and value propositions etc.
- Ensure a competitive advantage is created and maintained
- Regularly interact /engage our key alliance partners, e.g. SAP.
- Develop ROM and detailed business cases.
Professional Skills Required
- Minimum of 5+ yrs. experience in Sales Execution/Sales Pursuit and Closure
- Min of 10+ yrs. business and industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Be a storyteller – a critical element of the role is to verbally and visually generate empathy, emotion, and engagement from our clients
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships
- Ability to describe the essence of a situation or issue in terms that people can instantly understand
- Strong intellectual abilities to quickly understand situations and issues and to make connections between related and unrelated areas
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in solving problems
- Experienced in business development, sales pursuit and closing
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations
- Able to structure and present a compelling client-facing presentation
- Comfortable with constant and appropriate communication, timely and to the right people. High level of professionalism of language, both written and verbal
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Accenture career website on www.linkedin.com to apply