The JCDecaux Group is the number one Outdoor Advertising company worldwide, the market leader in Europe, number 1 in Asia Pacific, in Latin America and in Africa JCDecaux is n°1 Worldwide for street furniture (524,580 advertising panels), n°1 in Europe for billboard advertising (177,760 advertising panels), n°1 worldwide for airport advertising with concessions in 230 airports, and more than 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395 770 advertising panels), and n°1 worldwide in self-service bicycles.
- At least 5 years Debtors & collections experience
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Must have a strong recon background
- Previous experience in ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Must be computer literate with strong Excel skills
- Must have worked with Forex/ Foreign currencies (Africa currencies advantageous)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with problematic clients
- Credit vetting
- Managing half of the Rest of Africa (RoA) book
- Must be competent in various Sub Saharan foreign currencies
- Completing debtors reconciliations
- Review 180 days amounts outstanding and update comments
- Prepare a concise summary each month on major issues.
- Prepare the relevant credit note requests
- Assist in monthly clearing accounts
- Assist with problem clients
- Present bad debt write offs to approval by CFO
- Working according to age analysis to ensure that all overdue (queries and invoices) are sorted out first.
- Receipt/Process payments to debtor accounts and allocate as required weekly. (Every Monday/Tuesday).
- Send out monthly client statements/invoices/credit notes/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Collection Schedule to be updated on a weekly basis. (Every Monday).
- GL Clearing accounts to be match weekly and liaise with Accountants on any outstanding issues.
- Ensure that weekly debtor’s age collection comments are updated every Friday. (Excel)
- Liaise with GM’S and Debtors staff at branches on which customers to send out Letter of Demands.
- Manage and open customer accounts/profiles.
- Liaise with Debtors at branches as well as sales staff on issues related to debtor’s control.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
- Meet Collection & Debtor day targets set by the CM.
- Processing Agency Fees/Withholding Tax/Discounts etc.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required from time to time.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with SARS regulations and all other African countries legislations.
- Providing adhoc reporting as and when requested.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be accurate
- Willing to work overtime as the need arises normally at month end
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Resilient disposition
It should be noted that the above list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and that your Line Manager is entitled to instruct you at any time to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to JCDecaux Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply