Sasol is an international integrated energy and chemicals company that leverages the talent and expertise of our more than 30 300 people working in 33 countries. We develop and commercialise technologies, and build and operate world-scale facilities to produce a range of high-value product streams, including liquid fuels, chemicals and low-carbon electricity.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Configured within our operations are a number of air separation units (ASUs) which provide large quantities of oxygen used in our processes for production of fuels and chemicals.
- Deliver planned oxygen production targets in a manner that is safe, reliable, efficient and at minimal cost.
- Manage oxygen assets to ensure availability and long term sustainability.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Contribute to the overall performance of SSO as a member of the Executive Committee.
DETAILS OF KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Oversee oxygen operations for Synfuels’ production on Secunda site, according to the Sasol asset management operation handbook.
- Produce oxygen outputs to required quality and to agree production plan.
- Liaise with technical support, operations support and site services to enable excellent operations.
- Deliver high quality asset management strategies.
- Ensure operations productivity (output per FTE) and efficiency utilizing operation excellence levers.
- Ensure sustained operations by executing asset management business processes.
- Agree and deliver towards continuous improvement targets.
- Coach and manage operations team and build culture of pro-active operations.
- Adhere to Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) standards to ensure targeted levels of plant safety, emissions and primary containment of hydrocarbons.
- Interface with relevant functional and service providers.
- Manage overall Oxygen cost and focus on reduction of unit cost.
- Execute on the long term strategy, aligned with the Synfuels’ business strategy.
- Keep the Oxygen improvement philosophy relevant and up to date.
- Interface with intellectual property owners.
- Maintain healthy relations with Sasol’s speciality gasses to supply the global market as required.
Govern the Train 17 interfaces. (NOTE: Sasol's Train 17 at Secunda is the world’s largest air separation unit with a total production capacity of 5,000 tonnes of oxygen per day, equivalent to 5,800 tonnes per day at sea level. Owned and operated by Air Liquide, it is the first ASU that Sasol has chosen to outsource to a specialist of industrial gas production at this site, and brings to 17 the number of ASUs delivered by Air Liquide over the last 40 years, with a total oxygen production capacity greater than 45 000 t/d).
- Technical/Engineering degree (BEng, BSc or B-Tech)
- A minimum of 12-15 years’ experience in operations management
- Proven track record in managing a petrochemical / chemical production facility
- Proven track record of implementing operational excellence / performance improvement projects
- Proven track record of managing production and maintenance teams as it relates to volumes and cost of production, asset management and maintenance
- Proven track record of managing safety (occupational health, process safety and environmental health)
- In line with Sasol's diversity and Employment Equity mandates, preference will be given to South African citizens from previously-disadvantaged groups.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to email@example.com