Sage Software is South Africa’s leading developer of accounting, payroll, ERP and business software for the small, medium and large enterprise market. Founded in 1989, Sage Pastel has developed an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the industry over the past 23 years, establishing itself as the market leader and the preferred choice of South African businesses.
We have an exciting position available for a Test Engineer. As a test engineer, you are required to be analytical while testing software against a business specification. You are required to create a suite of test cases to execute within the set software release deadline. Working within a greater quality assurance team, you should be committed to producing a quality software product for the payments market in Africa and Asia.
- Participate in the product life cycle sessions to help formulate acceptance criteria from a testing perspective, based on business requirements supplied
- Provide estimates for completing test cases and execution
- Test and re-test developed software to ensure that specified functional requirements are met
- Design automated testing measures to aid in bulk testing
- Record software defects on a tracking system to manage the defect process, and report results
- Evaluate potential defect risks/increases in scope/time and drive issues with developers and business analysts
- Communicate user experience improvement recommendations to the team
- Complete work within the specified project deadline
- Liaise with Support department on client logged defects
- Review functional specifications to extract business rules to compile formal test plans
- Generate, document and execute test cases using the applicable test methodologies
- Contribute to workload of testing team by efficiently managing time
We have an exciting position available for a Developer who is capable of working accurately with financial data. The candidate must be able to show initiative in both the technology space as well as in understanding and implementing business requirements. They should be driven to produce the best software possible and take pride in and ownership of their work.
- Development in C# on our backend systems and/or ASP.NET using SQL within a multi-tier architecture.
- Use of Windows Communication Foundation may be required
- Analyse software requirements and plan development accordingly
- Develop high quality and effective software within strict timelines
- Communicate effectively with business owners, managers, quality control specialists and co-developers regarding plans, issues and timelines
- Be willing to help and teach co-developers and quality control specialists when necessary
Languages / Technologies Required:
- C# or .Net 2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0
- MS-SQL Server
- Object-Oriented development
- Multi-Tier development
Other Languages that will be an advantage:
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Automated Testing
- Other strongly-typed OO based languages, Java/Smalltalk/Chrome/Delphi
- Sybase, Oracle, Informix, Postgres or any other open database
- Server operating system exposure including Windows 2003
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to Sage career website on www.linkedin.com to apply