The Gautrain Management Agency (GMA) in an entity of the Gauteng Provincial Government (GPG). We are mandated to manage the implementation of the Gautrain Project and the relationship with the Gautrain Concessionaire, the Bombela Concession Company, who operate the Gautrain system on behalf of the GMA. Our vision is to provide an integrated, innovative and efficient public transport system that promotes sustainable socio-economic growth in South Africa.
Purpose: To implement the SCM strategy and integrated procurement practices (systems, policies, and procedures and guidelines). Undertake commodity/ category strategies, spend by sourcing, negotiating with and selecting suppliers within an agreed category in order to deliver managed risk and ensure the cost effective and efficient delivery of supply chain capability.
Requirements: A recognised Diploma in Supply Chain Management; Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Bachelor’s degree (Commerce) and/or studying towards MCIPS qualification will be an added advantage; Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience in Supply Chain Management field. Strong procurement knowledge, In-depth knowledge of SCM policies, practices, processes and systems. SCM practices in the Public Sector. Governance, ethics and values within the supply chain environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Implement the Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy and Plan of the GMA.
- Responsible to purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms.
- Implement the relevant procurement systems, policies and processes to improve Turn-Around-Time.
- Initiates Purchase Orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to PO requirements.
- Process alignment: Conducts all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage internal service delivery
- Determining internal stakeholders needs.
- Ensuring understanding of customer business and operational issues.
- Analysing demand requirements based on historical and market trends and advising internal stakeholders accordingly.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction and ensuring timeous corrective action.
- Maintaining internal customer relations
- Tender Management process
- Analyse the Demand Management Plan for tenders.
- Provide advisory service to Units in Specification development.
- Coordinates the Bid Specification (BSC) and Bid Evaluation Committee (BEC) meetings (Pre and Post Tender closure).
- Conduct Bid advertising.
- Conduct public briefing sessions.
- Conduct Bid Evaluations.
- Prepare Evaluation Reports for Adjudication.
- Negotiating with suppliers to reduce prices whilst retaining or improving other aspects of value for money.
- Develops new relationships and strengthen current ones to ensure sustainable supply and cost management between the organization and suppliers.
- Actively seeks opportunities for supplier collaboration, driving significant value out of the supplier relationship.
- Facilitates contract development with Units to expedite delivery.
- Ensure procurement activities aligning with GMA procurement policies and procedures.
- Monitor expenditure in accordance with approved budgets and prevent unauthorised, irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Supplier identification: Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant spend category.
- Supplier performance: Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time and resolves performance issues).
- Customer alignment: Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Procure-to-Pay System or Supply Chain Management (SCM) Procedures or project requirements in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
Risk controls and Budget management
Ensure procurement activities aligning with GMA SCM policies and procedures.
Monitor expenditure in accordance with approved budgets and prevent unauthorised, irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure
Contracts: Adapts GMA contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval.
- Ensuring ongoing detail analysis of category spends.
- Establishing and maintaining category baseline prices and cost models.
- Ensuring optimum leverage based on purchasing power.
- Benchmarking actual expenditure against external market norms and trends.
- Conducting supplier performance reviews. Investigating and researching problem/saving areas.
- Recommending alternatives regarding services, products and sourcing strategies.
- Tracking and optimising total cost of ownership
The GMA is an equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equality in employment, especially in respect of race, gender and disability as per the GMA Employment Equity Plan and Numerical Targets.
Applicants with proven suitability, knowledge and experience as required in the posts advertised are invited to submit their applications to the GMA for the attention of the Human Capital. All Applications quoting the relevant position, accompanied by a comprehensive CV can be e-mailed to recruitFin@Gautrain.co.zaIf you have not received any response from us 30 days after the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Gautrain Management Agency career website on www.linkedin.com to apply