The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates.
Volume reporting for South Africa Franchise
Performance Management for the Franchise - Provide performance analysis and tracking, while working with the Head of Strategy & Insights (Function Head) to create the necessary performance management processes
Support the Strategic and Annual Business Planning processes (with specific pieces of analysis and/or PowerPoint presentations and processes)
- Ensuring daily sales data integrity, collaborating with the BU Finance team and Bottling contacts
- Manages the Weekly and Monthly Volume reporting processes (both within the Franchise and with the BU) working in collaboration with the Country GMs and Bottling Contacts
- Weekly and Monthly Franchise Volume Analysis to explain volume drivers
- Managing the Volume RE process in collaboration with the Franchise GM, Franchise Leadership team, and Function Head supported by historical analysis and expected market initiatives
- Working with the Franchise Leadership Team to phase the annual business plan volumes and tracking implementation through the year
Performance Management & Business Planning: 50%
- Day to Day Performance Analysis and Management for the Franchise with appropriate Action Trackers
- Supporting the Function Head in running monthly Business Review & Functional Review meetings and following up on Key Action Items
- Preparing the monthly Franchise performance review decks (BULT Desks)
- Supporting the Strategic Business Planning (SBP) and Annual Business Planning (ABP) Processes
- Defining and tracking the SBP and ABP Key Business / Performance Indicators
- Macro-economic Analysis (including Business Impact)
- Process Innovation and Improvements for the Performance Management & Business Planning processes
- Provides ongoing support to the Function Head on performance management issues so as to enable the Function Head to focus on more strategic challenges and better optimize use of time
- Informs the Function Head of Franchise wide performance matters needing attention
- Performs any Ad-Hoc Performance Analysis - as and when required
- Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction With
- Franchise General Manager
- Strategy & Insights Team
- Function Heads
- Strategy & Business Planning Team (BU)
- BULT Members, specifically Performance & Strategy Director
- Bottler Marketing, Sales and Finance Leads
Nature And Purpose Of The Interaction
- Obtaining volume reports and understanding volume drivers
- Performance Analysis & Reviews
- Strategic and Annual Business Planning
- Gather information and insights
- Problem solving
- Influence organization towards improved volume reporting, planning and performance management
- Needs to be able to articulate succinctly on a regular basis what drove the performance of the franchise / of the countries in the franchise. This requires an ability to isolate and summarize performance drivers in a simple and understandable manner
- Needs to be able to write high quality slides for the business planning process
- Ultimately the communication work related to this position will need to influence senior stakeholders such as bottler MDs, BUPs and on occasion Group
Manage The Following Relationships
- BU President
- BU Leadership Team
- EMEA Group Finance/Volume team
- Franchise GMs, CFO and Planning Managers
This position will require innovative analysis to get to fully explain the performance of the franchise
Additionally, the position will be required to drive process innovation for the Planning and Performance Management processes
This job requires very highly developed analytical skills. The person will need to pull data from various sources and synthesize it to tell a story that explains performance and/or what the plan is for the next few years
As opposed to reflecting hear-say, it is crucial that this position establishes objective facts. This will require inventing types of analysis that have not been done in the past
The Role Requires
- Problems encountered in this role are not new or unique to the Franchise. Various tools and routines exist within the system to resolve.
- Strong ability to analyze, synthesize and to relate trends, behaviors and a wide range of internal and external data and variables
- Confidence in using statistics and financial information jointly with intuition and judgment
- The ability to coordinate several people and projects at the same time
- The ability to approach and analyze situations from different perspectives, assessing impact on each part of the chain
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
Judgement And Decision Making
- Responsible for developing and managing volume targets, recommending adjustments and implementing business initiatives
- Evaluates feasibility of business initiatives, while challenging inputs and assumptions provided by the Franchise teams to ensure reliability of volume analyses and reasonableness of conclusions while enabling management to make business-sound decisions.
- The position will be “Key”, in building and defining the strategic plans and making business recommendations. It will be also highly involved on the Annual and Strategic Business Planning processes and subsequent tracking.
No direct reports however a high level or interaction is expected within the other associates within South Africa Franchise and the BU.
Minimum - Bachelors degree with a preference for Business Related Degrees, Economics, Marketing and Finance. Accounting qualification and MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum: 6 - 7 years' experience in highly analytical work
- Strong data gathering skills - internally and externally with ability to probe all relevant resources to maximize results
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex analysis (Excel modelling skills) and clearly and concisely communicate results to a broad audience
- Ability to work and influence cross functionally with multiple stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to proactively assess opportunities for further growth
- Ability to work in a fluid organization setting where the focus is the initiative (work); ability to quickly establish oneself in a new project team; ability to move from one team to another quickly and work in multiple teams at the same time
- Project Management Skills
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft projects)
- Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with System, Customer, and other Stakeholders:
- Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner:
- Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Inspires Others:
- Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Others:
- Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset:
- Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk:
- Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused:
- Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable:
- Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
- International, multicultural experience and language skills preferred considering the multi countries under responsibility.
- Knowledge of several KO System functional areas (e.g. technical, marketing, operations)
- Open to incorporate and promote learning from diverse functions, territories, and industries
- Ability to interact with different people, in diverse places, at all organization levels
- Ability to manage cross functional relationships
- Ability to work in a variety of different cultures as the job will span several different countries on the African continent
- Ability to deal with several layers inside the organization at the same time
Minimum travelling (mainly within Franchise territories)
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- Growth Behaviors
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The Coca-Cola Company career website on cocacola.appvault.com to apply