Bakery Manager at RCL FOODS
Posted on: 9 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing/FMCG
View All Jobs at RCL FOODS
It is the holding company of four principal operating subsidiaries being Foodcorp (Pty) Ltd, TSB Sugar RSA (Pty) Ltd, Rainbow Farms (Pty) Ltd and Vector Logistics (Pty) Ltd. RCL Foods strategy is to build a diversified food business of scale in sub-Saharan Africa that has compelling brands that deliver to consumer and customer needs. Some of the leading brands in the RCL Foods stable includes: “YumYum”, Ouma, Bobtail; Nola, Rainbow, Piemans, Mageu Number 1, Selati amongst many others.
The purpose of this role is to lead a multi-level and multi-disciplinary team to manage the profitability of the bakery by optimising the manufacturing processes, the out-bound distribution network, the distribution facilities and the sales function.
- To work closely with the finance/commercial, sales and marketing functions, in a connected manner, to enable business processes.
- To meet the required customer service levels, sales volumes and quality targets within the operational budget and in accordance with strict safety, health, environment, food safety and risk requirements by displaying a high level of drive, influence and judgement.
- To drive continuous improvement and effective communication in all manufacturing and outbound logistics processes within the broader business, and to ensure that employee and labour relations are healthy and to seek to minimise the impact of manufacturing on the environment.
- A relevant financial qualification
- An Engineering or Production Management qualification in addition to the financial qualification will be advantageous
- A competence certificate in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Food Safety and Quality Management Systems Valid Code EB drivers#x27; license
- A Government Certificate of Competency (GCC) would be advantageous Commercial experience Multi-project application of process optimisation and continuous improvement at a management level (can be concurrent with production and maintenance management experience referred to above)
- Five years senior management experience in a leadership role at a food manufacturing site of similar complexity (equivalent job complexity to a D4/D5 grade job (Paterson grading system)) with profitability responsibility
- Three years production management experience at a management level at a food manufacturing site
- Three years maintenance management experience at a management level at a food manufacturing site
- Highly knowledgeable in manufacturing technology, asset care and asset performance Knowledge in Employee and Industrial relations
Duties amp; Responsibilities
- Financial/Commercial Management and Reporting Study monthly actual versus budget and work with operational teams to address areas of non-conformance or concern proactively and timeously
- Investigate and authorise major maintenance and capital projects within level of authority to ensure compliance to financial and ethical standards
- Mitigate business risks within budgetary constraints through allocating spend to areas of high priority within the operations
- Manage costs to ensure lowest cost production and the optimal utilisation of assets
- Report on and manage all input costs and manage any over or under-spend appropriately to ensure that issue are escalated before significant financial loss occurs
- Authorise operational expenses within level of authority and monitor spending activity within teams to ensure compliance to financial and ethical standards
- Provide input into capital expenditure
- motivation and documentation taking into account return on investment, resourcing and sustainability
- Audit all procurement, receiving, store, issue and usage processes on a regular basis and adjust stock levels to manage stock optimally without impacting on service delivery
- Maintain a ‘clean’ financial audit of the operations and maintain a strong governance focus Financial reporting
- Sales Management
- Manage an effective sales team, sales across all channels and execution of activities set out for the bakery on a monthly basis
- Manufacturing Strategy
- Assist with the development of and to implement the manufacturing strategy in accordance with the business unit strategy, legislation and key risk, food safety and quality management systems in mind and with continuous improvement as the enabler.
- Raw, Packaging Material and Engineering Spares Management
- Inventory levels of all raw and packaging material,
- process aids and engineering spares must be managed to minimise the cost of manufacturing whilst, at the same time, maximising plant availability.
- Yield managementThe reconciliation of all raw and packaging materials, process aids, work in progress and finished goods will be undertaken per operating shift and per operating day to optimise the use of these resources and allow robust problem solving to account for variances to usage standards and to eliminate variances.
- Recipe and Bill of Material Management To manage the plant such that the variances between the bill of materials for products and the product recipes are kept to an absolute minimum and are accounted for each shift and each day so as to provide an improvement plan to bring any variances to a nil position.
- Asset Care, Asset Performance and Capacity Planning To implement the Asset Care strategy by employing asset care principles to maintain the required manufacturing capacity, to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and to optimise maintenance resources to improve business profitability.
- Utility Management A utility scorecard will be developed and utility and energy metrics with realistic improvement intervals will be implemented to optimise these components of the cost of manufacturing.
- Waste Reduction A waste reduction programme will be implemented to optimise the cost of manufacture.
- Crate management To manage bread crates on a daily basis to minimise the replacement of crates and to ensure that the crate pool is sufficient to maintain order and service level fulfilment.
- Fleet Management To manage the fleet of vehicles and vehicle spares used for primary and secondary distribution to ensure optimal service levels at the lowest cost.
- To manage driver behaviour and adherence to Company rules and legislation.
Driver and Outsourced Distributor Management
- To manage drivers and distributors to perform their duty effectively
- Returns Management
- Facility Management
- To maintain facilities to the required standard and in accordance with relevant legislation. Continuous Improvement Safety, Health and the Environment and Risk Management Business Continuity Planning and risk management practices will be undertaken to manage the site risks and also site-based aspects of the business risks.
- Food Safety and Quality Management System
- Human Resource Management To effectively inspire and maintain the appropriate human resource levels by the careful selection, retention and performance-based management of staff. Product Innovation Support Support the demand team to develop and launch new products and support the management of the projects through various stakeholder gates. Project Facilitation and Project Management Contract Management and Management of Supplier Service Levels
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RCL FOODS career website on rcl.erecruit.co to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs