No matter what obstacles travel puts between you and your well-being, Westin’s signature wellness programs help you soar above it all. Discover over 200 locations around the globe where you can eat, sleep, move, feel, work and play well, transcending the rigors of travel while you’re on the road. Stay well at Westin Hotels & Resorts, a place where together, we can rise.
Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay.
We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- To assist with the running of the entire food and beverage operation,
- ensuring the smooth running of the outlet,
- taking full advantage to maximise revenue potential and ensure guest satisfaction in compliance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
- Required Experience amp;
- 2 years experience working in a similar hospitality environment
- Extensive product knowledge of spirits and cigars
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work without supervision
- Team orientation Able to work flexible hours and shifts Preference will be given to South African citizens
- Ensure that the highest standards of food and beverage service are maintained.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Westin Hotels & Resorts career website on marriott.taleo.net to apply