Chief Training Captain at Air-Tec Global
Posted on: 28 June, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Air-Tec Global
Air-Tec Global is an aviation company with over 20 years of industry experience within the regional Turboprop sector. Air-Tec has expanded it's global footprint to reach both African and Asian continents. Our expertise, experience and hands-on-knowledge of virtually every aspect involved within the International Aviation industry allows us to provide flexible and tailor made solutions to custom fit each individual clients needs. We are the largest Let 410 operator and offer a wide range of services such as aircraft wet & dry leases, aircraft sales and third party maintenance.
Air-Tec is seeking suitable candidates for the Chief Training Captain position, based in Bedfordview.
Please ONLY apply if you meet the minimum requirements.
The duties will include:
- To select, on-board, manage and develop team members, crew memebers and instructors through training, coaching, performance management, goal-setting and effective feedback to ensure that all team members are aware of how they are performing and receive the appropriate guidance and development to help them improve performance and conduct tasks effectively.
- Work closely with the SA CAA to ensure all training material is approved and complies with most updated regulatory information.
- Schedule, supervise and co-ordinate all Air-Tec Aircrew initial and recurrent training, including all PPC's, and IR's on the simulator, including all initial and recurrent Ground School Training as well as the AQP program.
- Develop all the courses that form part of the Ground School program for Air-Tec and to ensure that they remain in line with the latest aviation training trends.
- Present all relevant and required Ground courses to AirTec crew, as approved to be conducted by the Air-Tec ATO and in accordance with Point 4.
- Ensure all new hires are planned, scheduled and provided with all relevant electronic and hard copy material for the duration of any initial and recurrent training.
- Develop a Data Base Line of applicable questions for each of the technical exam, quizzes, and to keep a log of all training completed.
- Ensure that all Air-Tec Aircrew training files are kept up to date at all times.
- To ensure that a full induction training program (including all vision, mission and values) is drawn up and covered on all initial ground school and recurrent training for all Air-Tec Aircrew members in consultation with the Chief Pilot.
- Attend the annual SACAA DFE Conference and report back all new regulations or best practice to the management team and training personnel.
- Arrange to present an Air-Tec DFE / Instructors workshop / conference foe all Air-Tec Instructors / DFE's.
- Train up Air-Tec Instructors at a recommended ratio of 1: 15.
- Train up DFE's at a recommended ratio of 1:30.
- Set up a fully integrated Air-Tec Training facility including simulator implementation and maintenance schedule.
- Schedule and manage the Air-Tec Simulator so that all Air-Tec Aircrew training can be completed timeously.
- Assist in all the audits regarding pilot training and keeping all pilot training files up to date.
- Ensure all administrative elements of the training department including but not limited to third party simulator utilization, external courses and all and any related expenses are monitored, tracked, collated, captured and compiled into a monthly report.
- Matric / Leaving Certificate – Pass essential
- Airline Pilot License Essential
- Grade 2 Instructors Rating essential
- Grade 1/DFE preferred
- Tertiary qualification preferred
- 10 Years’ experience in the aviation industry
- 3000 hours Total Flight time
- 1500 hours pilot-in-command experience
- 800 hours Flight Instruction
- Possess a current Airline Transport Pilots License
- Extensive experience in flight instruction presentation and/or ground training
- Previous managerial experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Air-Tec Global career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs