Nestlé - As the world’s largest food and beverage company we are driven by a simple aim: enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. To deliver on this, we serve with passion, with a spirit of excellence, offering products and services for all stages of life, every moment of the day, helping people care for themselves and their families. Our culture is based on our values rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for the future. We can trace our origin back to 1866, when the first European condensed milk factory was opened in Cham, Switzerland, by the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company. One year later, Henri Nestlé, a trained pharmacist, launched one of the world’s first prepared infant cereals ‘Farine lactée’ in Vevey, Switzerland. Today, we employ around 328,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world. With our headquarters still based in the Swiss town of Vevey, we had sales of CHF 89.5 billion in 2016.
Nestle is the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company. We’re looking to add great new talent to our dynamic Marketing Team. This role will allow the successful candidate to fully utilise their core Marketing Competencies, category consumer insight, strategy, budget & planning, promotions management, business & financial management, new product development, Digital media, advertising development & an understanding of the trade to develop and execute innovative brand and business strategies which create value, and deliver sustainable profitable growth
- Understand category dynamics and identify ways to improve Brand performance in short, medium and long term.
- Collaborate with Functional teams to implement Brand strategy
- Develop brand plans, with specific focus on the next year aligning with Business Unit on activity grids for planned new products and key promotional initiatives.
- Work cross functionally to develop the specific parts of the budgeted plan, including and new product timelines, trade activities, volumes, pricing, promotion, media support and A&P spend.
- Provide input to finance to develop the category and brand P&L for the Budget and manage the business via a monthly in-depth review of the P&L.
- Present an overview of the category, as well as plans to drive Category share performance and financial KPI’s at least twice per year to the Business Executive Manager
- Manage the business in respect of the monthly CBPE discipline, anticipating gaps and opportunities and proposing actions to address them.
- Manage the detail of new product introductions, and transitions on existing products via cross functional collaboration in various meetings.
- Develop high impact consumer communications, by integrating all media options to achieve brand and business goals which maximize our Return on Investment.
- Based on brand strategy, competitive and internal financial analysis review pricing strategy and make recommendations for periodic price increases.
- Use business processes and resources to translate insights into innovative solutions by creating and environment in which associates are supported in developing more innovative solutions.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans that bring brand into life through creative implementation of core mix to achieve strategies
- Lead & Develop
- Develops own management and leadership skills by: providing regular coaching and mentoring to direct reports. Coaching and guidance should be in-line with Nestle Leadership Framework Competency Model
- Leads, motivates and develops a team which is agile enough to respond to fast changing organisational challenges
- Manages processes and removes barriers to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals and win with consumers, customers and Healthcare professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Marketing related focus / Honours preferred
- 5 years + experinece in Category Marketing Management in the FMCG industry is essential
- Energetic, self-starter with ability to lead and motivate a large group
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing mix elements, along with experience in developing and implementing both product and customer specific marketing programs.
- Ability to interpret and analyse market research, trends, syndicated data and competitive data / trends.
- Understanding of category management and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills for interaction with diverse people
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions that positively impact business
- Results driven with a proven track record in consistently delivering & exceeding business targets and category growth
- Systems / info technology and digital marketing knowledge is beneficial
Key Personal Attributes
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Explorer - Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Shrewd - Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Fighter – Driven to get the best result and win ,Challenges themselves and others
- Architect- A leader; sets direction, provides clarity, sets standards, measures, motivates and inspires
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nestlé career website on www.linkedin.com to apply