Agfa Graphics is a world leader in prepress solutions for the printing and publishing industries. It provides commercial, newspaper and packaging printers with the most extensive range of prepress and inkjet printing solutions. In prepress, Agfa Graphics offers workflow automation, project management, computer-to-film, computer-to-plate and proofing solutions. These solutions comprise consumables, hardware, software and services. As the world's largest plate supplier, Agfa Graphics produces analogue plates as well as thermal, visible light, and chemistry-free digital plates to offer advanced solutions for different printing applications. In addition, Agfa Graphics is rapidly expanding its offerings in the growing digital inkjet market. Its experience in both imaging and emulsion technology has provided the expertise required for making an assortment of high-quality UV and solvent-based inks. Joint development and manufacturing partnerships with industry leaders expand its technological reach and allow the company to develop comprehensive digital solutions for printing posters, banners, signage, displays, labels and packaging materials.
- As a Logistic and Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to Logistics, Supply Chain and Customer Care in South East Africa. Representing Customer Operations in the Management Team of South Africa, you will daily coordinate, manage, motivate and inspire of the Customer Operations Team.
- Areas of your responsibility will include:
- Develops, implements, and monitors all logistics management activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and warehousing of incoming and outgoing materials and distribution of products.
- Identifies opportunities for optimization in warehousing, distribution network and local transport
- Responsible for acquisition activities within Logistics (negotiation, contracting and operational follow-up), including Local Warehousing, Local Transport and Export Transport
- Coordinates contract and daily contacts with third party warehouse and freight providers
- Keeps close contacts with customs authorities, develops and implement processes to allow import/export flow in compliance with local regulations in force
- Optimizes supply-flows (from MO to SO) and distribution-flows (from SO to Customers) to meet business needs and cost-targets
- Continuous balancing of service level, inventory and operational costs
- Coordinates the product-forecasting process, the delivery to customers, the inventory-planning and the replenishment of the different products from the worldwide production network
- Coordinates the Customer Care Team, which is acting as first contact for the customers for order entry, delivery, invoicing, complaint-handling
- Daily coordination of the Customer Operations Team; Manages, motivates and inspires the direct reports and local teams
- Responsibility for the operational costs within Customer Operations
- Coordinates a number of improvement projects and applies for this a structured project-approach
Desired Skills and Experience
- Education: Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, International Trade Degree
- 5 years relevant experience in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Knowledge of SCM processes and the implications of SCM in business strategies
- Strong experience in working with SAP and MRP planning tools.
- Technical knowledge of Customs and other applicable regulations related to import/export of goods
- Working experience in an international multicultural environment is an asset
- Leadership and communication skills
- Analytical capabilities, innovation and problem solving
- Understanding and management of financial concepts (budgeting, forecasting, cost management)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Agfa Graphics career website on career2.successfactors.eu to apply