We’re more than 20,000 dedicated employees focused on developing solutions to help farmers have better harvests while using resources more efficiently. We work to help farmers grow crops in a more sustainable way. We think holistically about how food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests - so a balanced plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables is within reach of every family. Opportunities at Monsanto range from sales and marketing jobs to research and agronomy jobs. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Location: Petit, South Africa
Major Responsibilities (essential job functions, scope of the job etc.):
This individual is included in all aspects of seed preparation, planting, pollinating, harvesting and inventory management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Meeting of deadlines.
- Perform computer-related activities, including hand held data collection, data management, bar coding functions and providing support for all day-to-day activities.
- Coordinates and assists in all seed lab operations including seed shelling, packaging, treating and packet arrangement.
- Coordinates and assists with all field operations including planting yield trial plots, nurseries, pollination, data collection, and machine harvest of yield trial plots.
- Assist with timely and accurate data collection from research plots.
- Training, motivating and supervising seasonal labor.
- Assists in implementation of site safety programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Actively participate in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Communicates with farmers to coordinate off-station trials.
- Extensive road travel and time away from home during planting and harvesting period.
- Implement and maintain a culture of excellence in all working areas.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies requirement:
- BS degree in agronomy, plant science, or related discipline or 3 years’ agricultural research experience with an Agricultural related diploma.
- Basic knowledge of crop production, farming practices and farm equipment operation.
- Knowledge of field research trial set-up
- Valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively to the maize growing areas of South Africa and spend time away from home during peak seasons
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs with the ability to learn new program
- Knowledge of farm and seed research equipment
- Ability to accurately take and record trial data
- Ability to implement and maintain high safety standards in all working areas
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance multiple tasks and achieve deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accurate worker
- Ability to do physical work for example: the loading and off-loading of Fertilizer and servicing or repair of farm equipment
- Ability to maintain a culture of excellence on and off field responsibilities
- Detailed orientated
- Communicate and negotiate with Farmers
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed candidates. Placements will be made in line with Monsanto’s Employment Equity Policy.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Monsanto Company career website on jobs.monsanto.com to apply