Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
- Review and edit doc plans and content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce written guides for using GitLab features.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the GitLab community.
Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with engineers and other technical writers. This may include the documentation site’s design, search, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, versioning, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the planning and creation of new site features and enhancements.
- Coordinate with frontend and backend engineers when their help is needed.
Contribute to the improvement of team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
- Act as a reviewer of release blog posts and contributor to GitLab’s Handbook .
- Make it easier for contributors from the community—internal and external—to submit quality documentation.
- Contribute to the documentation Style Guide and documentation process guides .
- Collaborate with and help improve upon collaborative processes with others including product managers, Support, Marketing, Engineering, and the wider GitLab community.
- Experience writing and managing software documentation.
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, research, and planning.
- Understanding of what makes documentation clear and effective.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Experience using the Linux shell, command-line Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (does not have to be from a professional context),
- Experience using static site generators and managing docs as code.
- Experience with some of the following:
- Using or documenting DevOps tools; especially deep experience with one or more GitLab DevOps Stage Groups
- Advanced programming or other technical experience
- Using GitLab
- A rapidly scaling start-up environment
- Remote work; especially in collaboration with others across countries and time zones
- You are:
- Highly organized; able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally distributed work environment.
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
Our hiring process is described in more detail in our Handbook's Hiring section. When you apply, please include a cover letter that describes why you are interested in this position and in what ways you are well-qualified for it.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision : everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons To Work For GitLab
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
go to method of application »
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) Manager for the Enterprise segment, you are a player-coach. As a manager your job is threefold: (1) Lead a team of Enterprise SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train other members of the Enterprise SDR team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the Enterprise SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the Enterprise SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the SDR Enablement team.
- Train other members of the Enterprise SDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure Enterprise SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new Enterprise SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, as well as the Enterprise Regional Sales Director to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab