- This position will support operations across Finance Management by monitoring and analysing master data, key data, and relationship data within the function and facilitate alignment across the wider organisation. Review and ensure master data integrity in key systems and managing processes to support data linage and quality. Manage and implement methods to improve data reliability and quality to create consistent and machine-readable formats. Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modelling.
- Lead the Design the construction of Finance Master Data Management Strategy in support of the Data Analytics initiative:
- Provide expertise on its current data usage to drive harmonisation.
- Coordinate design with the enterprise process owners, Group Technology, Finance Management and use case leads.
- Validate vs Industry best practices, including ERP and add-on solutions ideal design.
- Work with Finance Data Council members to identify any segment specific data requirements and ensure proper enablement.
- Coordinate the design of the finance elements across internal and external data domains:
- Collaborate with Product, Supply and Vendor Data Councils to design the ideal construction of their finance related master data attributes
Lead Design Change:
- Design the required change from As-Is to the To-Be construction. This change will include changes to ERP Master data structure, processes, systems utilisation and interaction with platforms and analytical tools across the bank.
Lead Change Management & Deployment:
- Support design and go-live processes of initiatives in Finance Management
- Lead and oversee design of the Finance Management Master Data
- Communications planning and impact analysis for the rollout of updated master data elements, processes and data sets
- Support deployment of new Finance Master Data workflows, elements and processes
- Manage and oversee 3rd parties particularly around managing any one-time data clean-up / mapping / new data set onboarding & creation
Lead Documentation and Guidelines:
- Support the creation and updates of any material documenting requirements for master data. Manage any segment specific materials or guidelines.
Coordinate Updates and Testing:
- Work with Group Technology to create any necessary updates to technology solutions and lead business testing for the segment
- Develop, test and maintain architectures
Coordinate Segment Specific Needs:
- Work with the other data councils to identify any segment specific data requirements and ensure proper enablement.
- Align architecture with business requirements
Ensure all Business units are prepared and are properly resourced to deploy data changes for Finance Management:
- Support the countries in their preparation and adoption of group processes and solutions through organising meetings / workshops /training session /post go live support.
- Coordinate and monitor gaps and issues between countries (from a global Digital Foundations perspective) and manage issue resolution and escalation
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Strong communication skills: Work across multiple regions, segments and with various levels of the organisation.
- Agile Learner: Impossible to know everything that is needed and must be able to take on new information and knowledge quickly
- Self-Starter: Able to operate on their own without day-to-day oversight
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree - Focus in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance or other analytical area is preferred.
- Finance Accounting and Operational Data Knowledge: Understanding the use of key applications and processes specific to Finance Management Master data principles and the integration and use thereof across different business processes.
- Global or Regional Experience - Experienced in the global environment with the organisational agility to work with multiple function and stakeholders Project Experience: Experienced in working in a fluid project environment, working with 3rd party resources and deployment of new solutions/processes. Proffered Qualifications: Analytics and Reporting: Background in designing and utilising business reporting and analytics Database-centric: Experience in working with data warehouses across multiple databases and developing table schemas. ERP/MDM/MDG/ Master Data Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer and Information Science, Bachelor's Degree: Financial Sciences
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised