Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering (Lead Architect, Lead Automation Tester) and other Technology functions to deliver secure, reliable, robust, scalable solutions which can be built, tested and deployed through the Route to Live and into Production using continuous integration / deployment.
Allocate your team’s workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders.
Responsible for detailed design and oversight in the team deliverables.
Identify and implement DevOps engineering best practices in conjunction with your peers, both within Data Engineering and Technology as a whole
Ensure the use of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to fully automate deployment, testing, delivery, and management of development, QA and production systems on a variety of cloud platforms
Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our development, test and production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest approaches, tools, and technologies
An individual thinker, not afraid to think outside of the box and to challenge preconceived ideas.
Self-starter and disciplined to take ownership of critical areas for continuous improvement.
Proven experience managing DevOps teams and mentoring engineers
A passionate advocate of continuous deployment Industry experience working with Security Architecture/Infrastructure
Knowledge of microservice architecture
Ability to quickly learn and apply emerging techniques, frameworks, and platforms
Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
Good communication and collaboration skills
Technical Skills Required
Must be from a UNIX / Linux background
Understanding of protocols and how they work.
Experience in message bus (Preferably Kafka)
Develop and maintain the CI/CD and secure environment for the development team
• Ensure the latest security standards are maintained
• Change control management of internal and external software deployments
• Advise and implement devops best practises.
• Development on adhoc projects and systems
Desired Experience & Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma/Technical Certification
Experience in administrating Windows/Linux Servers in a highly distributed and scalable environment
• Experience in at least one software development language
• Understanding of Database systems (MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Postgressql)
• Excellent understanding of software deployment methodology (CI/CD)
• Excellent understanding of Cloud hosting solutions (AWS, Google, Azure)
• Understanding of hypervisors (LXC, LXD, HyperV, QEMU, Docker)
• Good understanding of Bash/Powershell scripting
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers