Responsible for ensuring the centralised Finance & Risk functions provide meaningful and reliable financial and commercial support to the MEA region in line with the strategic initiatives of the company, whilst complying with Group requirements and regulatory standards and principles.
Responsible for ensuring the teams deliver high quality customer support to the FMCG industry, customer master data maintenance, billing, transactional data management and analysis to maximise customer satisfaction and minimise risk to customers and CHEP.
Define and agree the strategy of the department in order to achieve the objectives of delivering high quality financial information, reporting, planning, budgeting, sound administration processes, internal controls and efficient use of systems.
- Participate in CHEP South African Leadership Team (SALT) meetings, and contribute to the strategy of the region. Manage the weekly and quarterly forecast processes, ensuring all portfolios have input into and an understanding of the decisions taken.
- Direct the Business Support function to ensure that there is pro-active interaction with and understanding of the business and company growth initiatives, to provide an independent yet supportive service to other departments (e.g. financial justifications & scenario analyses, customer agreements & pricing models, trend & variance analyses, post investment reviews)
- Direct the Accounting, Treasury, Payroll & Tax functions to ensure that effective processes and controls are in place to produce accurate and timely financial information in line with IFRS, as well as reliable payment of suppliers and staff whilst taking into account cash flow management, exchange control regulations and tax legislation
- Approve the Month End, Year End and Budget results and procedures for the MEA region. Direct the Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Accounting teams to ensure that accounting methodology, systems and reports provide accurate and useful information to staff, customers, management and executives of the region and the Group.
- Direct the Credit Control and Master Data teams, ensuring effective cross functional communication with the ultimate objective of safeguarding the company’s assets, minimising risk and maximising net cash inflows.
- Participate in discussions and decision making with the Global Finance Services (GFS) team as well as Genpact regarding performance, process improvements and measurement of the BPO, and standardisation of global processes.
- Direct the Finance Risk & Compliance team, ensuring effective cross functional communication with the ultimate objective of safeguarding the company’s assets, minimising risk and ensuring compliance with the principles of good corporate governance.
- Provide support and guidance for resolution of queries raised by the Group, internal and external auditors, tax authorities, reserve bank, banking institutions and other regulatory authorities.
- Lead the team with a view to providing development opportunities for staff, and ensuring the department is sufficiently resourced to meet the demands of the business. Motivate and manage staff in line with the company's objectives, creating a positive and productive work environment for the team.
- Participate in cross functional projects and teams. A member of the Job Evaluation Committee, Pension Fund Board of Trustees, hygiene manager for Westville Head Office and a signatory and administrator for the region’s various banking facilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- CA (SA) or similar
- 10 years financial management experience
- Experience managing managers
- Ability to multi task and make quick decisions using judgement / limited information
- Analytical and able to simplify complex issues
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good understanding of systems and controls
- IFRS and Tax knowledge
- High level of proficiency in spread sheeting
- Leadership and staff management abilities
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels