We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionising consumer research through Social Prediction™. Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, P&G, Colgate and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
- Is able to build reporting templates for multiple project teams that match client brief (restructuring existing product assets to match bespoke delivery needs).
- Can create new, and use existing design assets (icons, animations etc).
- Expert using PowerPoint to design presentations (and can provide examples) and can use Abode Creative Suite to an advanced level.
- Able to edit and tweak creative assets to brand guidelines.
- Comfortable briefing and managing designers, illustrators and other project staff on deliveries.
- Able to help identify, highlight and prioritize key insights and important pieces of information.
- Able to act as quality control, ensuring final deliverables match creative brief and client expectations.
- Expert at helping teams to solve creative problems and build recommendations across multiple teams and accounts.
- Comfortable managing different team personalities and restructuring other people’s work to improve final deliverables.
- Confident presenter with proven ability to facilitate client interactions and consumer engagements.
- Understands that the best new business tool is great delivery every time, so ensures quality control on project team outputs.
- While not having direct accountability for P&L in business unit, the Graphic Designer understands that their performance in role directly impacts it (Graphic Designer won’t allow badly designed or poorly thought out work to leave the BU, helping make sure clients want to work with Black Swan).
Day to Day
- Interpret client briefs.
- Teasing out the most important client objectives and priorities to enable you to build and design more resonant templates (using existing creative assets) that delivery teams can populate easily.
- Working in creative capacity on several large global projects.
- Consult on key messaging for delivery teams on presentations to clients or internal stakeholders.
- Direct client access at kick offs, key delivery meetings and other relevant times, but not expected to handle day-to-day client management outside of this (day-to-day management lifted to allow Graphic Designer to act as creative and insight expert on multiple projects).
- Final quality check on deliveries before they go to client, ensuring insights and design are up to standard.
- Proactively keeping up on design and creative industry / client news / new trends in advertising & technology
Your Candidate Profile
- We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years as a Print/Graphic Designer
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suit
- Proficient with MS Office
- Animation/Video Production
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our customers’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it