A role has become available for an experienced Head/ Director to join our Group Legal, Fraud, Compliance Audit team. You will operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations, provide high value, independent, proactive insights, and create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements and will lead and/or execute Compliance, Legal and Fraud related audits including the supervision of the team on related audit engagements. Provide effective and efficient assurance in line with the banks governance, risk management, and internal control processes
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Define appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan, taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the audit team
- Establish strong relationships with senior leadership within the Group using influencing and negotiation skills to ensure audit reports are delivered successfully and proactively contribute to the risk and control environment of that business
- Lead discussions with senior leaders in the Group regarding audit observations and issues, consulting with colleagues across IA where required.
- Act in an advisory capacity without undermining the independence of the Function to ensure client and customer viewpoints are considered in decision making and recommendations
- Assign audit and line management responsibilities, providing direction and guidance to direct reports while maintaining an in-depth knowledge of activities in each area
- Guide, review and approve work carried out on audit assignments to ensure the scope of work is appropriate, controls are correctly identified, assessed and carried out in accordance with IA Methodology, policies, professional standards and budget
- Apply interpretative thinking to enable problem solving in complex and sensitive situations; act as point of escalation where senior leadership is required
- Promote a culture of efficiency through use of expert knowledge, agile and automated auditing techniques and commercial drivers to focus and deliver the audit plan and support the IA strategic direction
- Build relationships with the business on key initiatives, attending key committees and sharing their view of the business’ control assessments
- Actively contribute to the wider talent development of the function through coaching, mentoring, providing constructive feedback
- Attract and retain talented individuals who can contribute to the Audit Function of the future, building a strong pipeline of skills and capabilities.
Experience and Qualification:
- B Degree Honours (Commercial, Informatics, Statistics)
- CA (SA), CIA, CISA or international equivalents
- 6 years’ experience in Internal/External audit or commensurate experience in a major financial institution or Big 4
- 4 years’ experience in risk based auditing or risk/control activities.
NQF Level 7: Honours/Master’s Degree
- Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Financial Sciences (Required)