Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
An exciting career opportunity exists for an Information Security Officer seeking growth and to be part of a dynamic, diverse team of experts.
The Information Security Officer is the custodian of data within the business and needs to ensure that they set the data standards with related technologies to enable effective access and collaboration to business, its staff and clients whilst providing world-class information security protection and governance compliance. Therefore, this incumbent must have great interpersonal skills and emotional quotient. The ability to analyze current and new information security risks and ensure that the organization remains protected is critical, the ability to do so in a collaborative effort with the business and team is crucial.
The candidate will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Key Duties include and are not limited to:
• Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program to ensure that business, clients and staff information assets are adequately protected.
• Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes.
• Develop and enhance an information security management framework.
• Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems, and services.
• Provide information security leadership to the business and Technology team.
• Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of information risk management concerns and trends.
• Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems based on cyber trends and information
• Educate staff, partners and clients about computer / mobile security and promote security awareness and security best practice protocols.
• IT security systems administration - Act as system administrator for a variety of security-related systems, including but not limited to intrusion detection and prevention devices, connection loggers, vulnerability scanners, and network monitoring devices.
• Ensure security is embedded in IT Systems and Network Infrastructure (Mobile, IS and Enterprise) across organization.
• Ensuring compliance and adherence to governing laws: POPIA and GDPR.
• Ensuring that technologies, processes, and policies are aligned to industry best practices and ISO 27001.
• Assist business units with information security risk assessments and external partner alignment to LRMG information security best practices.
• Choose, implement, monitor and upgrade computer anti-virus and malware protection systems.
• Upgrade systems regularly to remain competitive in the field of security.
• Communicate the system status and keep users informed of downtime or changes and improvements to the systems.
• Lead other staff members in the program design and to effect initiatives, programs or projects to meet those management and business objectives.
• Make recommendations for improving controls and practices to reduce risks related to information security.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 3+ years’ Information security-related work experience,
• Information technology degree in the field of computer science or information security
• Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST
• Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g. SCCM)
• Knowledge and experience of Information Security Risk and Security governance CCNA, CISSP, CISM or related certification is advantageous.
• Knowledge of working with Information security tool (e.g. Firewalls, Antivirus, Network monitoring tool)
• Experience dealing with Information Security Audits
• Experience working with stakeholders
• Strong process methods
• Provide Cyber Security Guidance across functions and regions.
• Drive remediation activities across the organization offices
• Extensive experience in Information Technology, with a background in Security and Compliance
• Professional information security certification.
• Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
We look forward to receiving your application!
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers