- Drive the design and delivery of complex fit for purpose, business strategy-aligned, high impact, cross domain technology solution blueprints & associated solutions & build architectural capability in Dev teams across an estate.
- Involved in review of functional and non-functional requirements. Installing and configuring various Hadoop components. Involved in managing and reviewing Hadoop log files. Importing data, developing Scripts and Batch Job to schedule various Hadoop Program. Writing Hive queries for data analysis to meet the business requirements. Creating Hive tables. Importing and exporting data. Experienced in defining job flows. Developing a custom FileSystem plug in for Hadoop so it can access files on Data Platform.
- To support the Head: FDS & MI and other heads of the Business Unit. To support decision making through the provision of relevant financial information and analysis. In addition, support the Business Unit financial decision making through the provision of a consistent and standardized management accounting platform.
The Management Information & Projects team is responsible for the delivery of financial data, data management including controls over hierarchy & structures. The role is to support the MI & Projects Specialist in executing the following:
• Strategic implementation and maintenance of an integrated management reporting framework within Group Finance.
• Documenting and maintaining policy and process documentation pertaining to the data flows and processes that populate the available data tools (Planning Tools and MI Reporting tools.
• Involvement in the execution of ad hoc projects that require involvement pertaining to financial management reporting for the Group.
Implementing governance, controls and appropriate validation of management information used in the planning and reporting cycle for the Group.
Group Strategic initiatives
Assisting the MI & Project Specialist in executing tasks required for the fulfilment of Group strategic initiatives
Policy and Procedure documentation
- Prepare and update policy and procedure documentation pertaining to the planning and reporting cycle for the group. This will require active engagement with stakeholders in the Financial Management and Reporting and Analytics team.
- Ensuring that controls around the planning and reporting cycles are appropriately designed and implemented. Scope will include non-technical processes.
- Reviewing processes to determine their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Engaging with stakeholders across the Finance and IT teams to ensure that policies are understood and appropriately implemented.
- Assist in updating the Risk Control Assessment documentation.
- Participate in projects that are focused on the further enhancement of reporting tools.
- Collaborate with Technology Enablement and Group Enterprise Shared Services on delivery of projects
- Actively engaging with stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the planning and reporting cycles for the group.
- Assist on ad hoc decision support projects for Group initiatives.
- Reviewing the data maintained in all systems to ensure that data is valid, accurate and complete.
- Reconciliation between all systems to ensure that data is valid, accurate and complete.
- Assisting the Technology Enablement team to build out future reporting requirements and the sourcing of new data feeds.
- Assisting the Technology Enablement team in the automation of the above.
Education and Experience Required
- Hadoop Applications
- Minimum B-degree (NQF level no.7) Desired Post Graduate Degree (NQF level no.8+), MI or Developer or SQL qualification preferred.5+ years of professional IT development experience which includes experience in Big data ecosystem. 5+ years excellent experience in Hadoop architecture, various components and programming paradigms. Preferred team lead experience.
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised