About the job
Responsible for the completion of submissions (including but not limited to bids and tenders, pitches, credentials statements, expressions of interest, requests for proposals, requests for quotations, panel registrations, database registrations and briefing notes) through the full submission lifecycle across all Bowmans services and sectors and across Bowmans jurisdictions.
Responsible for ensuring that submissions are completed in an efficient, consistent and professional manner in line with the firm’s strategy and brand standards and supporting the creation and maintenance of the New Business Team (NBT) infrastructure and development and implementation of the Business Development Portal (BD Portal).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed Degree/Diploma with at least 5 years specific experience in business development, client relationship management or a related field within a corporate, legal or professional services environment essential
- Lead and own submissions from start to finish in line with the new business protocol document and any subsequent policies and/ or procedures communicated to the NBT.
- Conduct debriefs and analysis of feedback on performance of proposals, whether won or lost, and use this to improve the quality of future proposals.
- Preparation of briefing notes to be provided to partners in preparation for client meetings.
- Monitor tender advertisements and assess submission requirements and prepare initial assessment of submission requirements.
New Business Infrastructure and Best Practice (including supporting, planning and strategy):
- Support the development and implementation of the BD Portal and support the New Business Manager (NBM) and work with the New Business Assistant(s) (NBAs) in ensuring all NBT documents and standard content materials are shared with the NBM and NBA(s) to be maintained and loaded on the central NBT repositories and BD portal.
- Identify innovative ways to improve processes, and work with the NBM and/or other members of the NBT to implement these processes.
- Work with the NBA(s) to maintain ongoing submission database, submission management tools and submission library and NBT collateral.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the NBT project plan in line with the broader BD and NBT KRAs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all levels of staff as a trusted resource.
- Maintain strong working relationships with and have open and transparent communication between all members of the NBT and broader BD team.
- Achievement Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Client Focus
- Stress Management
- Writing Skills
"Bowmans is committed to achieving the objectives set in its transformation charter, and the targets in its employment equity plan. All recruitment decisions will be taken with due consideration being given to these objectives”
Closing date for Applications is Thursday 16 September 2021.
Please include a copy of your CV with your application for it to be considered.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.