RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. ...
Read more about this company
Our Talent Team is looking for a proactive & efficient Outbound Logistics Lead with great interpersonal skills to join our ICSE Team. The role will report to the Senior Planning and Logistics Manager and will be based in Boksburg.
This position exists to lead and provide management to site outbound logistics, covering Transit Bay, Stock Allocation management, Outbound Pallet management and interface to Primary Distribution Network and Logistics Service Provider. To deliver and support customer service and cost efficiency within distribution. Primary operational logistics interface with Third Party Logistics service provider.
- Relevant University degree/diploma/supply chain qualification.
- Must have 3 to 5 years logistics experience in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Must have logistics and functional business process knowledge.
- Experience in SAP WMS.
- Must be computer literate (MS Office, Excel).
Duties & Responsibilities
Outbound Logistics Management:
- Daily outbound logistics Ops Call with Transit Bay team, Vector Transport, Supply Planner.
- Manage the capacity of transit bay and ensure that there is adequate space available for production.
- Manage the interface with Vector transport team to ensure that we have adequate vehicles available for our loads.
- Work closely with production planning team to prioritise stock into the network.
- Assist in managing the queries between transit bay and Vector depots as and when required.
- Compile and send out daily Ops Call stats with the wider teams.
- Weekly Teams meeting with Tbay Pallet Controller, DHL, Tbay Unit Manager to monitor and address any challenges.
- Ongoing Comms with Linbro and Roodepoort teams WRT continuous supply of GKN pallets.
- Ongoing escalations to Vector account manager as and when required WRT challenges experienced with Linbro.
- Co-ordinate shuttle trucks to collect empty pallets from Linbro and Roodepoort at no additional cost.
- Compile monthly Pallet recycling stats and Savings derived from it on KPI tracker.
Primary Transport Management:
- Manage Customer Back haul operation Spar Backhauls - South Rand:
- Ensure that we execute one load daily as a Spar Collection for South Rand DC.
- Ongoing Comms with CSC, Vector transport team, Stock Allocation planner, Buyer as and when required.
- Assist in Comms with Spar South rand transport team WRT late or non-arrivals of vehicles on site.
- Monitor and track number of loads executed as Spar Backhaul collections per month.
- Compare and check Stats with Spar, Vector, Stock Allocation Planner at month-end.
- Compile monthly report from Stats and verify Savings on KPI report.
PnP DC Directs from Roodepoort:
- Maximise all orders over 7 tons for Phillipi and KZN DC's to be delivered from Roodepoort depot. Ensure that fillers are found either to other customers or Local secondary depot to fully utilise vehicles.
- PnP PE Tranship orders - all delivered into Longmeadow DC from Roodepoort depot.
- The tranship orders are co-loaded with Longmeadow DC orders to ensure better utilised vehicles.
- Stats are tracked and reported on KPI report with relevant Savings.
Transit Bay Directs:
- Help ensure that Direct loads into Vector secondary depots are maximised.
- Daily comms with Supply planner and Tbay inventory controllers to ensure that stock is kept aside as required.
- Facilitate comms with Linbro and Vector transport team for vehicle availability and quick turnaround in offloading.
Transit Bay Support:
- Ongoing focus in reducing overtime for T/bay outbound and Roodepoort Inbound teams.
- Ensure that maximum available stock is despatched daily from Tbay.
- Ongoing comms with Production planner, Tbay unit manager to ensure that all steps are taken to avoid or minimise overtime.
- Manage and drive customer service through outbound logistics.
- Prioritise urgent Sku's into the network working closely with Supply planner and Tbay team.
- Maximise stock availability on bulk orders by keeping NAM's and customers updated on out of stocks.
- Manage stock allocation with NAM's, planning team, stock allocation planner during low stocks, PI's etc.
Stock Allocation Planning:
- Accountable for the delivery of stock allocation planning and the management of the Stock Allocation Planner.
- Facilitate Comms with Vector Roodepoort, Transport, CSC, Secondary depots as required with any issues.
- Daily linkup with Supply planner WRT any challenges WRT infill transport or depot issues.
- Weekly catchup with CSC Directs team to discuss any challenges or updates.
PSI's - sample and donations:
- Marketing and Sales team send through PSI requests which needs to be directed to relevant depots for delivery/collection.
- Get Vector account management team to assist in actioning these.
Closing Date: 19th, May 2022