What will you do?
SCI has recently embarked on a digital transformation journey with a strong intent on migrating into a paperless world, enabled through sophisticated technology.
Part of this transformation is to evolve our web and chat capabilities that will see the evolution of our client engagement channels into a scalable omnichannel ecosystem.
The candidate will need to familiarize themselves with the strategic intent of the organization and tailor roadmaps for the respective platforms, aligning to the overarching digital strategy.
Not only will they need to be dynamic in their approach, unorthodox in their thinking and influential in their vision but they will also need to manage product backlogs and the prioritization of requirements.
The product owner’s responsibility is to maximize the value of an application/product and bears business responsibility for the successful project implementation.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Producing strategic roadmaps for the web and chat platforms.
- Clearly expressing the product backlog items, which will combine business as usual and project requirements.
- Identify the scope of requirements and define backlog items (epics and user stories).
- Prioritizing items in the backlog to best achieve goals and objectives (optimizing the value of work delivered by the PMO and production support teams).
- Ensuring the backlog is visible, transparent and clearly illustrates the roadmap of work to come to all relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for decision support and guidance to the project and support teams.
- Communication link between the project manager and business sponsors/stakeholders.
- Assist business sponsors in the documentation of project definitions and briefs.
- Provides business sign off at various stages in the product lifecycle (project or sprint plans, business requirements/user stories, entry and exit criteria etc.)
- Review and sing off on various project strategy documents, as required.
- Documenting, presenting and tracking of project/product benefit realizations through BI dashboards.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders during product ideation and design.
- Accountability for the web and chat platforms both pre and post implementation of initiatives.
- Collaborate with communication team to articulate product releases and features to the business.
- Fulfill the role of the “champion” of the product by being the primary source of contact for any product related queries.
- Continuous market related research to stay abreast of the latest trends, fears and features.
- Continuous competitor analysis.
- Providing guidance to project team on priorities during sprint planning.
- Chairing and facilitating project steering committees along side the project manager to provide updates on strategy, projects and tabling decisions that need to be made.
- Liaising with scrum master and project managers to oversee the various development stages to ensure alignment with end goal/product.
- Anticipating next phases in the solutions that will maximize client benefit through statistical evidence (BI dashboards and cubes).
- Building out dashboards and cubes that will continuously measure the benefit realization, user adoption and key focus areas.
- Report directly into the digital transformation manager as part of the digital solutions and BI team.
- Work closely with client journey team to build out the best user experience to drive adoption.
- Attend multiple group forums to stay abreast, align or leverage off areas/functionality within the business.
What will make you successful in this role?
- B Comm degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT related role.
- Technical background with knowledge of software development.
- Excellent understanding of data warehouses and BI.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Knowledge of BI cubes and dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of agile principles.
- Experience in working on web and chat platforms is advantageous.
- Experience working with web services and API’s.
- Previous experience in a product owner role.
- Experience in client journey designs.
- Understanding of UX (user experience) and CX (client experience) and difference thereof.
- Strong presentation abilities.
- Client focused.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to identify different audiences and engage accordingly.
- Ability to convey strategies/visions and influence.
- Inspire peers and stakeholders.
- Dynamic, agile and adaptable.
- Innovative, creative and unorthodox way of thinking.
- Strong relationship building capabilities.
- Ability to lead and drive teams.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to run with multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good planning, problem solving and analytical abilities.
Qualification And Experience
- Degree or Diploma with at least 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge And Skills
- Product Development
- Competitor analysis and growth mind-set
- Business Architecture review and business process architecture implementation
- Feasibility studies and documentation of underlying business architecture
- Documentation reviews
- Interpersonal savvy - Contributing through others
- Manages complexity - Contributing through others
- Plans and aligns - Contributing through others
- Optimises work processes - Contributing through others
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters - Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient - Contributing through others
- Collaborates - Contributing through others
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing through others
- Customer focus - Contributing through others
- Drives results - Contributing through others
go to method of application »
What will you do?
Offer innovative Health benefits solutions and services to Individual clients, Employer Groups and their employees. Ensure client satisfaction, retention and overall client expansion. Ensure the smooth running of an area and the daily activities of Consultants and Associate Consultants to deliver on the strategic direction of the team and Simeka Health.
- This position will have a key client and strategic focus:
- Ensure that portfolio of clients are adequately serviced assigning portfolios of clients to Consultants
- Manage a portfolio of clients a team of consultants servicing the portfolio
- Build client relationships and ensure client retention
- Ensure that the overall standard of agenda packs, minutes and consulting advice is maintained within the area of responsibility
- Attend and coordinate Employer Group HR and management Meetings
- Provide monthly reporting via required reports on operating functions of allocated clients
- Ensure that standard procedures, practices and Client servicing are maintained and
- Adhered to Risk awareness and the management of these risks with the assistance of Senior or Principal consultant
- Awareness of regulatory legislation and developments within the industry
- Obtain new business allocated targets
Qualifications And Experience
- Bcom Degree or similar
- 5-7 years' related experience in the healthcare industry, of which 2 years must be at level management.
- FAIS Accreditation (RE 1 and RE 5)
- Accreditation with Council of Medical Schemes is required
Knowledge And Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Organisational Savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process and people related organizational dynamics.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organisation achieve its objectives.
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of the business and marketplace to advance the organisation’s goals.
- Displays Care - Showing care and consideration to our clients that extends beyond professionalism.
- Cultivates Innovation by creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Client Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Resilience - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.