Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Pfizer South Africa’s vision of "living our full potential in striving for a healthier Southern Africa" forms part of Pfizer’s ethos whereby every Southern African should have access to quality healthcare. At Pfizer South Africa we are dedicated to the improvement of human life and the battle against disease & disability. We have...
Read more about this company
1.Maintenance of the compliance to the local Health regulations
- Coordinate the product quality and compliance activities at the Pfizer Country Office, to ensure current regulatory expectations are met.
- Support Responsible Pharmacist activities for all Pfizer Product Quality Compliance issues in the market.
2. Governance & internal organization
- Supports timely implementation of all applicable Product Quality SOPs
- Ensures that all relevant colleagues are appropriately trained in the Product Quality SOPs.
- Assess new quality system and local regulatory requirements to enhances and align local systems and processes when required.
- Conducts and documents periodic assessments to determine if a revision, retirement, administrative change or no change is required for the Product Quality SOPs
2.1 Quality Metrics
- Collects data and reports quality metrics of Pfizer Country Office (PCO) and contractors to allow quality performance assessment.
- Together with the SCQ Manager/ Lead, assess quality performance to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Participates in the PCO/Contractors quality management reviews and follows-up for the recommended actions, when required.
- Support the implementation of all elements of SCQ Training systems in PCO, including implementation and annual training on GDP/GMP to applicable PCO colleagues.
- Ensure that all assigned Pfizer trainings are completed in timely manner
2.3 Commitment Tracking
- Uses and maintains tracking tools to track any GxP commitments raised by SCQ or under SCQ oversight.
- For any commitment opened, ensure that due dates are based on risk, complexity and urgency, and that the timeframes given are realistic, to meet the stated requirements.
2.4 Change Controls
- Handles any planned, permanent and temporary changes of GMP/ GDP related activities and systems in the PCO.
- Participates in the changes committee as appropriate and ensures the required approvals.
- Ensures change actions completion as per the agreed timelines.
2.5 Inspection and Internal Audit
- Participate in preparation and coordination of external and Pfizer internal inspections and audits.
- supports the development of CAPA plans and follow-up to the timely closure in coordination with other relevant functions.
- Internal self-inspection process management : Support / Ensure the timely implementation of the self-inspection plan as per the assigned tasks as auditee and / or auditor.
3 Product quality assurance & operations
3.1 Notification to Management
- Informs SCQ Lead of any significant deviations and complaints, that could lead into a NTM.
- Ensure notification is done within the appropriate timeline and process.
3.2 Deviation Management
- Perform, if needed, investigation of product quality incidents that occur within the responsibility of Pfizer country office in cooperation with the relevant internal/external functions.
- Track the preventive and corrective actions until completion within the set due dates.
3.3 Product Complaint Handling
- Manage the intake and triage of complaints from the markets under PCO responsibility, classify the product complaint, and forwards them to the appropriate investigating PGS/Contractor manufacturing site via the global complaints management system (QTS-CITI).
- Develops and issues responses to complainants in a timely manner
- Tracks complaint responses.
- Notifies the Management when needed.
Local Product Release & Temperature excursion
- Review all documents and records relevant to the imported products and perform the necessary activities to provide a disposition decision to the products to the market sale in compliance with local regulatory requirements and Pfizer procedures.
- Communicate the disposition decision with internal and external stakeholders.
- Document any temperature excursion and coordinate with manufacturing site for assessment and via the global Quality Tracking System (QTS).
- Assess the returned goods and provide a disposition decision
Quarantine Alert Notices (special situation)
- Receives and manages Quarantine Alert Notices (QAN) issued by Pfizer manufacturing site, Contractor manufacturing site or distribution center.
- Ensure status of impacted batches at logistics center/LSP/contract vendor is changed to Blocked/Hold
- Provide the required responses to QAN issuing site on timely manner.
- Ensure status of impacted batches is aligned with the final disposition decided by QAN issuing site.
Market Action (special situation)
- Attend, as needed, Area Quality Review Teams (AQRT) meetings, as PCO representative, to provide the local perspective on the issue at hand.
- Support SCQ manager to provide the local perspective on the issue and draft AQRT Executive Summary for issues originating under the responsibility of the PCO.
- Support the local implementation of actions identified during Area Quality Review Team (AQRT) meetings, e.g. recalls, communication with Regulatory Agency, local corrective/preventive actions
LSP / contractor management & oversight
- Participates as needed in contactors visits/ audits.
- Reviews, negotiates and tracks, according to the Manager/ Sr Manager instructions and maintain up to date Quality Agreements of GMP/GDP contractors.
- Review, negotiate and maintain up to date Quality Agreements of GMP/GDP contractors according to the Manager/ Sr Manager instructions.
Product Quality Review
- Pharmacist registered with the South African Pharmacy Council
- Masters degree is an advantage
- Years of experience: 0-5 years in the Pharmaceutical or related regulated industry
Technical skillsSoft skills/ Management & Leadership SkillsSuccess criteriaPfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
- Perform PQR's timeously as per the approved annual schedule
- Has an appropriate education in science or quality topics; Bachelor's degree, pharmacist, Engineer.
- Has basic knowledge of the Quality principles, concepts of Quality and basic technical skills
- Has basic knowledge about Quality Systems (Change Control, deviations, complaint management, documentation management, audits, inspections, etc.)
- Able to Participate effectively in cross-functional team
- Analytical skills
- Basic level in English
- Self-motivated, Business acumen
- Act Assertively
- Grows Self
- Change Agile
- Planning & Organizing skills
- Able to Make decisions within guidelines and policies
- To use new ideas and knowledge with increasing frequency, Begins to explore and apply ingenuity to experimentation .
- Able to work in ambiguous situations as part of a Work Team
- Applies technical skills to achieve assigned tasks
- Has effective communication, writing and negotiation skills
- Able to align with global strategies
- Efficiently represents Quality Compliance positions
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all activities and deliverables to obtain and maintain Market Access, Reimbursement, and strategic optimal pricing for Pfizer’s products. He/She will need to work with the cross-functional team to develop access strategies that are in line with the overall brand strategy, and implement key activities targeted at external payer customers and influencers within South Africa and Southern African Region.
- Maintain expertise in local access legislation and payer landscape
- Generates customer insights and is able to analyse and utilise customer insights for customer segmentation and payer value driver identification.
- Supports the development and implementation of Market Access plans for individual products inclusive of credible value arguments and propositions based on customer archetypes
- Engages with external stakeholders and is responsible for coordinating activities
- Supports payer research activities to understand stakeholder requirements, for selected products/therapies, and health technology/assessment hurdles in local markets, where appropriate
- Maintains and tracks key performance indicators to measure the impact of market access activities
- Establishes strong, cooperative working relationships across functions
- Leads development of strategic pricing recommendations and contracting strategy across Pfizer’s portfolio, advising Pfizer businesses on pricing strategies that support commercial objectives and operating plans.
- Supports business in understanding and managing external price execution across the full Pfizer portfolio, in the private, public and export markets (Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho and Swaziland).
- Leads the development and implementation of Market Access plans for individual products
- Leads development of Product-specific local Payer Value Propositions
- Leads the development and execution of product Pricing, Access and Reimbursement strategies
- Coordinates cross functional team’s effort in the development and delivery of dossier submissions
- Submission of price requests/ changes to local authorities, as applicable, and in compliance with local legislation
- Development of robust prices for the Pfizer portfolio which are coherent across the various customers.
- Maintainence of accurate pricing information in applicable systems and as per applicable processes and SOPs.
- Commercial (sales and marketing)
- Corporate Affairs
- Patient and Health Impact
- Payers (MHCOs, PBMs, Medical aids, etc.)
- Department of Health
- Medical Practitioners, KOLs and professional organizations (as required)
Education And Experience
- BPharm /MBBCh /BSc or and equivalent Health Sciences qualification; and
- A demonstrated track record of at least 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a healthcare payer
- A demonstrated track record of translating commercial strategy into a detailed implementation plan
- Experience in
- Pricing analyses and strategy
- Financial modelling
- Evaluation of clinical and economic literature
- Preparation of value dossiers
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Good business acumen
- Knowledge of the local healthcare system and its major players and decision-makers
Technical Skills Requirements
Indicate the technical skills required and/or preferred, as applicable.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, prioritisation and project management skills
- Payer and country access expertise
- Pricing, value and access strategy development and execution
- Scenario planning in support of pricing and access negotiations
- Knowledge of finance in support of pricing strategies
- Working knowledge of health economics and health technology assessments
- Ability to interpret and critically evaluate clinical data
Key Leadership competencies:
- Decisive- manages complexity to make timely, informed decisions
- Focused- develops impactful short- and long-term solutions for payer customers to support better patient access and outcomes
- Connected- collaborates with others to accomplish shared goals
- Inspiring- motivates and develops self and other to move the business forward
- Courageous- consistently demonstrates accountability in the face of challenges
- Resilient- responds to change with agility and optimism and innovation
- Accountable- Sets high personal standards and can be relied upon to deliver projects on time; within budget and to quality
- Commits to “One Pfizer”- Has the ability to see the “big picture” and can work across functions in the best interest of the business. Strategic and organizational agility
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
go to method of application »
Position is responsible for the management of the local market Meetings and events (Internal colleagues meetings, external attendee engagements, congresses). This includes management of the event logistics, ensuring the event compliance, cost savings measurement, tracking and reporting, attendee management, client & vendor interactions. Is the local Subject Matter Expert on meetings and point of contact for any initiative and supplier performance.
- End-to-end management of M & E activities (including compliance, logistics, payments, reporting, etc.). This includes internal/external meetings, speaker programs and congress support as appropriate for the local market practice
- Use data sources to inform stakeholders and manage suppliers: activity levels, spend, issue logs. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and management of reports
- Support creative solutions to meetings which may include virtual and other cost effective options
- Ensures compliance M & Eprocesses and global policies are followed at the local market level
- Interface M & Ewith other enabling departments, providing subject matter expertise for initiatives
- Responsible for issue management and resolution in local market
- Responsible for managing local suppliers
- Follow up on local metrics and cost savings
- Shares and implements best practices
Reports to: SSA GCO Lead
Key Interactions: BU Leads, Regional Brand Teams, other GCO teams, Procurement, Event Agency suppliers, Key Hotel Groups, AV/Production and Exhibit Agencies, Travel Company, GPO, Finance, legal, Compliance, BT
Education and Experience
- 2 years of pharma or hospitality experience;
- Relevant degree/diploma
Technical Skills Requirements
- Proven capabilities for meetings management with a knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business and customer needs
- strong project management and organization skills
- the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- can respond to tight timelines as well as the capability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Demonstrated judgment and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong communication and influence skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Experience/ability to work in a matrix structure
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of local market vendors/hotels/venues
- Ability to manage vendors to ensure all logistics of a meeting are flawlessly executed
- Flexible to adapt to changing business needs
- Knowledge of the Event Management industry, ideally in a Pharmaceutical environment
- Experienced in supplier negotiations
- Able to demonstrate experience M & E in customer relationship management
- Analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, as well as excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to work at all levels of the organization
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love