As a global and diversified mining business, we use the latest technologies to find new resources, plan and build our mines and mine, process, move and market our products to customers around the world.
For almost 100 years, we have been mining the minerals that society needs to develop and prosper. We provide our investors with a balanced portfolio of oppo...
Read more about this company
As the Winding Engine Driver you will act and identify any electrical and/or mechanical faults while looking after the Winders operations.
The following experience will be required:
- Stopping the winding operations if the working conditions are unsafe
- Basic maintenance of equipment
- Ensure that quality work is performed and compile accurate shift reports
- Transportation of employees and material
- Correct usage of tools, ensuring safe and effective operation of winders
- This role is in the Engineering Department at a C3 level reporting to the Electrical Foreman.
- Grade 10 with Mathematics and/or Science (ABET4)
- 3 years + experience as a Winding Engine Driver
- Basic computer literacy skills with the ability to interpret messages on driver’s display screen
- Basic fault finding on ECam and Safe Wind Systems
- Completed Certificate for a Winding Engine Driver
- Willing to work cycle shifts
- Willing to undergo a Winding Engine Driver special medical examination (Red Ticket) and obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good leadership skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
go to method of application »
- As the Occupational Hygienist, you will manage occupational hygiene programmes and systems that include hygiene, emergency preparedness, wellness, water quality on the operation and associate infrastructure to meet legal compliance and provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- You will use recommended control measures to mitigate risk and adhere to audit compliance standards. Ensure ISO 45001 compliance
- As part of this role, you will also promote education and awareness of employees on occupational health hazards including controls to mitigate risks.
- You will also ensure trend analysis of occupational exposure data and connection of data to occupational groups while also reporting on occupational hygiene.
- By monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of control measures put in place, you will ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- This role is in the SHE Department and is at a Band 6 level reporting to the SHE Manager (Situated at Rustenburg Base Metals Refinery)
- Degree in Occupational Hygiene or related;
- Registration with the South African Institute of Occupational Hygiene [SAIOH] on Occupational Hygienist level and Chamber of Mines [CoM] Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control [MEC];
- CoM Advance Certificate in Mine Environmental Control – Advantageous
- Occupational Hygiene Legal Knowledge Certificate - Advantageous
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in the field of occupational hygiene
- At least 2 years in a process environment
- Presentation / facilitation / training
- Data analysis skills and in depth knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to SHE
What we offer
When you join Anglo American you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
go to method of application »
Your role will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation, health, safety, environmental, security policies, and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion.
- Attend to defects raised through various detection processes, reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection mechanisms.
- Conduct defect elimination on mechanical systems in order to eliminate repeats.
- Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled repairs and installation work as required to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability.
- Discuss work backlog and future work requirements with the Supervisor and plan corrective measures to rectify e.g., re-scheduling, prioritising, labour assistance, etc.
- This role is in the VUP Engineering department at a CL level reporting to the Senior Engineering Foreman
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with mathematics and Physical Science
- Trade Certificate: Fitter or Fitter and Turner
- 3 years’ experience as a certified fitter within the mining or heavy industrial sectors
- A sound knowledge of hydraulic systems as these pertains to a heavy mechanical plant
- Sound knowledge and experience of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to field of work
- Skills to troubleshoot, repair and maintain mechanical systems and major equipment within area of responsibility
- Please note: Will be expected of all successful candidates to undergo training
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications’ verification, relevant psychometric assessments, and a clear security clearance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate Line Manager and Head of Department, failure to do so will render your application invalid.
Who We Are:
Venetia Mine – South Africa
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.