About the job
Portfolio Manager – Medicalization, responsible for development & execution of marketing activities for the VET pillar where relevant for South Africa to grow the sales of our specialized Royal Canin Veterinary portfolio (Veterinary Health Nutrition). Responsibilities include, defining the strategic positioning and direction for each territory within the Veterinary portfolio supported by global guidelines, price positioning, identifying opportunities, defining the approach and strategic execution of the plans through the pillar with the overall objective to drive market share growth and become the leading veterinary prescription nutrition brand in South Africa.
- Client Portfolio –VETERINARY CLINICS AND REFERRAL CLINICS
The role is part of the Vet marketing team and forms part of a cross pillar marketing team based in Johannesburg.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy Planning
- Setting the strategic marketing direction and developing the annual marketing plan for the specialist range (VHN)
- Adapt global marketing activities for South African market
- Monitoring and coordination of marketing activities in the VET Pillar (promotions, merchandising, sampling actions etc.) in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager for Maintenance
- Preparation of annual marketing plan including development and activation
- Work with Trade Marketing Manager to create programmes to improve overall outlet compliance with marketing programmes.
- Develop in-clinic promotional themes and events around the major priorities and product launches
- Recommend changes to strategies based on results and findings
- Analyse and report the success/effectiveness (ROI) of targeted advertising campaigns, special events/promotions.
- Approves and oversees the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects
- Communicates with various media buyers, advertising agencies, printers, suppliers and other services to help marketing projects come to fruition
- Organization of specialized VET seminars and congresses
- Collaboration with corporate affairs department to drive science behind our products
- Development and implementation of B2B and B2C strategies
- Follow up of marketing activities in the field during field visits
- Collaboration with CRM Manager to develop digital strategies to recruit new consumers
- Managing segmentation and categorization of clients within the VET pillar
- Participation in global VET marketing teamwork
- Ensure efficient marketing activation through Distributor/ logistics support- ensure 3rd party logistics providers / distributors effectively plan for and roll out marketing activations nationally.
- Be an engaging role model and drive continuous growth of engagement within the team
- Role model adherence to the Five Principles and encourage living the Five Principles culture within the team.
- Contribute to the development of overall marketing plans, ensure effective implementation of marketing plans for VHN products in market in line with the OGSM 2025 goals and strategy.
Business Planning (AEP)
- Track brand/market performance of product, analyze and create action plan to deliver on defined KPIs
- Development of the pillar budget for VHN (including travel, promotion, advertising, etc.) in close collaboration with other portfolio manager/s.
- Annual financial and monthly brand forecasting, gap analysis, and action plans.
- Develop annual 5-year brand plans and 1 year tactical plans which aim to deliver a) holistic customer solutions, b) cross-stakeholder initiatives, and c) cross-channel/partnering activities that provide value to stakeholders and are aligned to strategic priorities.
Market (Market Conditions, Customers, Competitors) Analysis
- Conduct analysis of competitor activities, customer needs, technology and infrastructure, therapy adoption etc. Relevant to own portfolio in order to analyze impact of market conditions, guide local operations teams, report back to the local and regional teams (incl modifications to the local marketing plan).
Product Life Cycle Management
- Execute product plans in line with overall objectives; execute new product and services launches as required in coordination with cross functional teams; plan and monitor inventories in line with sales requirements; highlight variances and track & report portfolio performance.
Marketing Communications & Operations
- Support development of localized key marketing communications around own portfolio, work closely with agencies and media to develop right messaging and its delivery; seeking regional and global approvals where needed; tracking the effectiveness of the communication (Brand track) to drive differentiation for own portfolio.
- Lead execution of marketing plans for own portfolio, coordinate with internal functions and external service providers, monitor on ground execution of programs/ conferences/ events/ promotions etc., troubleshoot, ensure the right set of metrics are in place for tracking success & determine corrective actions in line with AEP.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- The needs of individual stakeholders are anticipated & met through tailored strategies, based on a deep, real-time understanding of the environment.
- Brand stories are owned by marketing, and deliver an emotional message, recognized & believed by stakeholders.
- Multi-channel engagements and non-traditional partnerships are routinely considered and leveraged to understand & enhance stakeholder experience.
- Establish relationships with KOLs in the field; Identify key Physician champions; Develop support structure and relationship with sales representatives and sales management; responsible for developing and maintaining local key opinion registers; assist in coordinating Veterinary symposiums and participates in main customer events.
- Understand and align own activities to portfolio sales and marketing objectives, map development needs & periodically conduct training for the sales teams (product/ positioning/ therapy/ messaging etc.); ensure dissemination of the marketing collateral to sales teams and KOLs, provide guidance on product queries, monitor inventories and provide support to sales as required.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager to drive strategies for growth
- Monitor effective execution by the sales force of KPIs linked to marketing activations within their respective regions.
- Frequent field sales visits in respective regions. This may require travel on a regular basis and is therefore expected. Travel to regions will be in line with the region’s contribution to volume sales & relevant needs of the business.
- Conduct marketing plan review meetings with sales team on regular basis (minimum quarterly)
- Submit accurate product forecasts and participate on the S&OP+ team to drive efficient ways of working through the business
- Achieves superior competitive growth and market shares. Exceeds sales targets while managing expense controls.
- Contributes to the strategic management of the operations through effective participation and close working relationship with all functions and stakeholders.
- Keeps the team focused on bringing scientific added value and services to customers as a source of competitive advantage in close collaboration with Scientific Communications
- Analyses national performance data and identifies areas for improvement.
- Understanding of overall business including business trends and Royal Canin corporate strategy, in order to identify opportunities and assess risk
- Proactively identifies customer needs and business opportunities and ensure that those are rapidly incorporated into the business plan and executed with the customer.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with (internal) regulatory, sales, finance and customer service to enhance business performance.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with (external) KOL’s and organisations, clinic administration, industry peers in order to create positive impact and change to attainment of business objectives & targets.
- Displays openness to change and a willingness to focus on the opportunities presented by change.
- Drives change by challenging the status quo. Identifies gaps and thinks strategically to bridge the gaps
- Ensures awareness and compliance with applicable standard operating procedures and governance requirements, comply with regulatory commitments; As interface to Customer and Sales Organization has direct responsibility to facilitate, share documents and process to identify, notify and ensure any complaint or problem/s are addressed, thereby demonstrating high commitment to Quality in all interactions and behaviors; Responsible to facilitate and champion the quality requirements and the message of compliance to internal and external customers for all events and campaigns.
- BCom Marketing Honours, BSc Degree Dietetics an advantage, or equivalent National Higher Diploma.
- At least 7 years appropriate experience within the medical devices, prescription pharmaceutical or associated healthcare industry.
- Fluency in the English Language (oral and written)
- Successful marketing management experience with multinational companies.
- Prior market research or consulting experience would be an advantage
- Must be mobile, position involves travel (national and international)
- Should encompass leadership qualities and should possess decision making ability
- Be able to respond well to pressure
- Think creatively
- Navision, SA4, Set2Sell experience preferred
go to method of application »
Effectively manage warehouse activities (product in and out) and management of warehouse team, whilst respecting the Quality & Food safety and HS&E requirements.Ensure materials issued to the Factory comply with internal rules and are tracked accordingly.
What are we looking for?
- Prospective candidate will have a strong track record in managing large FMCG warehousing operations.
- Will be well versed with the requirements of warehousing and the supply of Raws and Packs to factory operations.
- National Diploma in Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution or related Business qualifications and/or extensive experience (>5yrs first line management responsibility) in logistics (stock management policies and strategies, safety stock levels, point of supply/replenishment, freight, supply chain, international transport, administration)
- PC literate (Microsoft Office Suite), WMS, and other ERP Platforms
- Good communication & negotiation skills.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- The Co-Ordinator needs to ensure all loads received and dispatched are adequately checked, registered, ensuring product quality, best before date and FIFO/FEFO are taken into consideration.
- Maintain a high standard for HS&E, Food safety, environmental, quality (GMP/GHP) within the warehouse and external areas.
- Key User and ‘Train the Trainer’ for warehouse WMS and ERP systems – responsibility for maintaining systems and data accuracies
- Review any issues found whilst allocating stock and amend promptly (inform Materials Planners and Factory Planner).
- Manage the warehouse team activities at most effective operational cost
- Report and review KPIs – warehouse utilization, stock age, stock covers.
- To ensure all orders have full allocations and issue shortage reports daily in alignment with the agreed service level.
- Review operational costs with view to reducing spend (continuous improvement mindset)
- Effective warehouse management, including all aspects of Quality & Food safety and HS&E elements.
- Ensure the execution and delivery of accurate stock reports being maintained and accurate counts are performed, with investigations and clear improvements to close the gaps
- Ensure stock rotation maintained. (FEFO System)
- Lead warehouse operations team with our 5 Principles and Great Line Management (GLM)
- Manage warehouse fleet and vehicle(s) improving safety, reliability and reducing operation costs
- Review and development of SOPs to standardize operations and improve governance and controls across warehouse operations