The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service.
Main purpose of the job is to gain practical experience to complete Engineer studies.
Reporting: This position will report to the Manager: Manufacturing Engineering
- To assist in design and develop the assembly jigs and fixtures to improve productivity.
- To assist in specifying and selecting the appropriate tools and equipment required per operation.
- To implement specification changes as determined by the design function within Volvo Group.
- To launch new models on the production line including project planning, production trials, start of production (SOP) and project reports.
- To ensure that jigs fixtures, tools, material handling equipment and lifting gear conform to occupational health and Safety Act (OHS Act) specifications and any other legal requirements.
- To ensure that assembly manuals and sprints are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- To continuously evaluate and analyse the assembly process and implement the necessary changes to improve productivity, quality and safety.
- To continuously perform process audits to establish whether vehicles are assembled to the set specifications and to implement corrective action.
- To determine the parts allocation per work station to ensure that the line assembly sequence can be executed effectively.
- To specify the production system to internal customers (production and logistics) to direct their daily operations.
- To forecast future project with estimated costing.
- To justify projects according to financial return, safety and quality.
- To manage and conclude projects within allocated budgets.
Job Specific Requirements
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act).
- Vehicle assembly/production tools.
- Project Management principles.
- Preventative Maintenance (tools/lifting gear/production equipment).
- Technical product knowledge (Heavy Commercial Vehicles).
- Basic cost accounting.
Job Related Skills
- Project Management.
- Computer Literacy (Excel, MS Project and CAD).
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Analytical Skills.
Job Expires: 8-Feb-2018
The main purpose of the job is to manage and control all functions within the parts warehouse
Reporting: This position reports to the Parts Manager.
- Ensure and oversee the receiving of goods are done according to Volvo procedure.
- To ensure that all parts are received accurately against documentation and within prescribed time as set by KPI standards.
- To timorously record all discrepancies on the GDS system when parts received are not conforming to standards and to documentation descriptions and part numbers.
- Ensure that parts are binned according to system allocations and not according to label allocations.
- Process all customer orders requests ensure correct picking, packing and distribution of parts are according to the Volvo procedures.
- Must at al times make sure that the system is updated after authorization.
- To make sure the correct parts and quantities are dispatched as per invoice.
Binning of Parts
- To oversee binning of parts in correct bins.
- Confirm correct bin allocation as per the GDS system.
- To ensure that credit notes are checked and signed off for processing. All credit notes to be filed in sequence and stored.
- To ensure that the correct procedures are followed when processing credits ie No electrical parts are returned etc.
Perpetual Stock Counts and Bin Verifications
- Ensuring that perpetual counts are done on a daily basis as per set quantities on the total volume of the Warehouse.
- To make sure a thorough investigation is done when discrepancies occur.
- All adjustments to be investigated and updates to be authorized before the system is updated.
- Ensure warehouse premises (inside/outside) always neat and tidy.
- Ensure parts stored correctly.
- Ensure all parts are binned correctly.
- Ensure waste collected timeously.
- Perimeter secure.
Ensure parts from customer are at the agreed exchange standards (See Manual).
Responsible for physical receiving & storage.
Responsible for preparing supplier/core returns.
Ensure that the packing and labelling of core parts be returned to PDC.
- To control deliveries to customers and ensure proper route planning and scheduling.
- Make sure that drivers are adhering to company rules and regulations regarding the use of company vehicles.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that all warehouse personnel abides by the rules and regulations set aside in the Volvo procedures regarding health and safety.
- Self- motivated
- People orientated
- Good communication and strong inter-personal skills
- Customer orientated
- Resource management
- Leadership skills
- Quality orientated
- Ability to plan and organise
- Stock control
- Time management
- Training analysis
- Supervisory skills
Job Expires: 16-Feb-2018
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.