Job Openings at Lear
Posted on: 14 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales/Marketing
View All Jobs at Lear Corporation
Lear Corporation is a leading global Tier 1 automotive supplier that serves all of the world’s major automakers with content on more than 400 vehicle nameplates worldwide. Lear is one of the world's largest suppliers of automotive seating and E-Systems.
Purpose of the Job
- Maintain accounts receivable records
- Compile and record time and attendance data for permanent employees
- Compile, process and maintain accounts payable records
Other Key Duties Would Include
- Daily invoicing, following up on payments due and liaising with customers
- Continued analyses of accounts receivable aging
- Processing of customer receipts and matching to open invoices
- Daily processing of supplier invoices and returns to suppliers and liaising with suppliers
- Prepare monthly vendor reconciliations and payments for electronic transfer
- Monthly tracking of outstanding reconciling items
- Weekly forecasting of accounts payable/accounts receivable balances
- Issue, maintain and consolidate weekly time and attendance of permanent employee hours worked
- Internal control and SOX monitoring functions
- Oher ad hoc finance and accounting activities assigned in support of the finance function
Minimum Matric with mathematics essential. A relevant tertiary qualification or studies towards a relevant tertiary
qualification would be highly advantageous
At least 3 years relevant experience in the manufacturing environment is essential. Experience gained in the automotive industry would be advantageous.
A working knowledge of the Syspro system would be advantageous. General computer skills need to be above average. The ideal person would be honest, reliable, methodical and assertive.
- Quality Engineer II
- Supervise Quality Customer Care / Assembly, Lead Preparation and APQP teams and functions
- Stand in for Quality Manager when required from time to time
- Support Quality Manager with all customer and 3rd party audits.
- Ensure on time reporting on MOS / LQTS / Profile/LPMP and all other daily reports as required
- Ensure all Quality KPI’s are well communicated to all relevant personnel
- Drive continual improvement
- Drive cost saving
- Initiate the preliminary analysis (internally / externally) of any quality issues affecting customer. Where applicable, visit the customer to review concern at source. Coordinate the implementation and report results of any containment activity. Ensure effective close out of each concern.
- Review all customer assembly processes to detect any potential quality issue (QRE to support).
- Communicate to the Lear team to analyse any quality concern.
- Ensure that customer feedback is done in good time and that all 8D feedback is reviewed by management.
- Validate the effectiveness of actions from customer assembly point of view.
- Report in a timely manner the sorting activities / design repairs performed internally and externally at Ford.
- Monitor customer portal daily and report open / overdue issues.
- Manage the contracted personnel used for containment activities: That they are well trained in the activities they partake in and create a positive image for Lear. Also ensure that the contracted hours are not exceeded as per Purchase Order raised. Overtime needs to be well justified and pre-approved by Lear E-Systems.
- Negotiate with customer reduction of rejected pieces or QR cancellation
- Quality War Room Team Coordinator.
- Communication skills
- Capacity to analyze problems and identify root causes and make decisions.
- Data and Results oriented.
- Requires limited supervision.
- Manages a broad functional area.
- Good people management skills
- Computer Literacy, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- At least 7 years in quality department in automotive manufacturing facility.
- Previous working experience in Lear or exposure to wiring plant advantageous.
- Previous experience working with customer quality resolution advantageous.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs