The sub-menus provides information on StudyTrust sponsored bursaries. A prospective student only has to submit one single application form.
Each application will automatically be considered for all the bursaries for which a particular applicant qualifies.
That means that an application for e.g. a FNB Fund bursary will also be considered for a StudyTrust access bursary and vice versa.
You will however be required to indicate which is your first choice, e.g. “Investec”.
StudyTrust awards sponsored bursaries based on academic merit, financial need and according to the sponsors requirements.
Promaths Bursary Fund
Bursary Fund Application process
• South African citizen.
• Attended a Promaths or Kutlwanong centre across the country.
• Accepted at a reputable tertiary institution for a rare skills degree or national diploma in South Africa.
The OMIG Imfundo Trust Scholarship
The main criteria considered for the scholarships are:
• Academic excellence: Selection will be done on the basis of Grade 11 final results, Grade 12 June results and Grade 12 preliminary results
• The minimum requirements are: A 70% average and not less than 70% for Mathematics, and 70% for English FAL (or 60% for English HL).
• The Imfundo Trust Programme is for candidates whose parent(s) or guardian(s) would not be able to afford paying their tertiary fees
• Learners from rural and township backgrounds will be given preference
• Hard working learners who are able to demonstrate that they are more likely to succeed in tertiary study
• At least 50% of candidates should be black female
The Coronation Fund Managers Bursary Programme
Preference is given to:
Bursary type: Full cost
Main selection criteria: Academic merit and financial need.
The AVI Bursary Programme
Who can apply:
SA citizens interested in full-time undergraduate Commerce studies at the University of Johannesburg, the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Pretoria University and Wits University in the fields of Marketing and Finance.
Only applicants with an NSC with degree endorsement and at least a level 5 rating (60%) for Mathematics and English First Additional Language, or Matric Exemption and a minimum “C” symbol (Higher Grade) for Maths and English or an NSC will be considered.
SA citizens interested in Mechanical Engineering degree studies at the University of Johannesburg, the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Pretoria University and Wits University.
Only applicants with an NSC with degree endorsement and at least a level 5 rating (60%) for Mathematics, Physical Science and English First Additional Language, or Matric Exemption and a minimum “C” symbol (Higher Grade) for Maths, Science and English will be considered.
Preference is given to: