NOTE: Please ensure that you carefully read the "HOW TO APPLY" section and ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted as part of any application.
Local researchers based in Malawi, or Mozambique, or Tanzania, or Zambia or Zimbabwe - agricultural development, climate smart agriculture, or a related field within country (20 work days over a 6-month period)
Subcontractor agreement based on a pre-agreed fee based on a per-day charge rate
20 days in total over a 6-month period
Start and End Dates:
20 days in total over the project duration from 15 September 2017 to 28 February 2018
The Climate Smart Agriculture Programme (Vuna) is a project funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) that seeks to increase the resilience of agricultural systems to climate change across Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Vuna has commissioned a Climate Smart Agricultural (CSA) Innovation Models Impact Analysis that aims to assess select VUNA Agriculture Development Facility (ADF) projects in order to identify intervention pathways to sustained climate resilience at scale.
Project level assessments will be complemented by thematic reviews of climate smart agriculture initiatives across VUNA’s predefined thematic areas: livestock, finance, seed systems, and out-grower schemes. The primary purpose of the assessment is to contribute to building a knowledge base for the better design and implementation of sustainable CSA interventions at scale.
Scope of Work:
The assignment will be led by a team of 5 core researchers, with the support of an in-country researcher in Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
The in-country researcher will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Coordinating field work by identifying and setting-up meetings with key stakeholders as well as setting-up focus group discussions
- Actively participating in key informant interviews and focus group discussions
- Leading interviews as and when required
- Documenting research and findings including
- The submission of research notes
- Contributing sections and/or providing comment to final and draft technical reports
- Participating in VUNA co-learning events as and when required
- Assisting in the identification of locally relevant dissemination platforms and facilitating dissemination through said platforms
Experience, qualification, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, or a related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- 5-10 years’ experience conducting research in the fields of agricultural development, climate smart agriculture, or a related field within country of operation
- Strong private and public-sector network in local agriculture sector
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Locally relevant language skills
Reporting and Level of Effort:
The local researcher will have 20 days over the project duration- September 15th, 2017- February 28th, 2018. The researcher will report to the Project Research Coordinator or their designate.
How to apply:
- Please follow the online application process on the careers portal of the Genesis Analytics website
- We use an automated applicant tracking system in order to receive and manage all applications in one central point, and for this reason, we also do not accept any e-mailed CV’s or applications
- Applicants need to have the following documents on hand in order to submit a complete application: 1) latest updated CV in .doc or .pdf format, 2) a detailed cover letter, 3) copy of identification document (passport)
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was received, and your application will be reviewed within a few days of receipt
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents/attachments cannot bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Eligibility to work in country of residence is required and proof of same will be required
- Relevant qualification and experience is essential
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only - if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Policies and project specific requirements
- All applications will be treated confidentially