An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Business Development Manager, Africa to join our team based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Reporting to the Associate Director-Southern Africa, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing CIMA’s Business Development strategy, as directed by the Associate Director, and building profitable and mutually beneficial relationships with employers, recruitment agencies, secondary and tertiary education institutions, professional bodies and the public sector (governmental structures).
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Raise CIMA’s profile and brand awareness in South Africa
- Operationalise the strategy and vision for Team SA: to raise awareness of the value proposition of the CIMA qualification to constructively contribute to education as a driver of economic activity in SA
- Improve CIMA’s positioning and competitive advantage relative to competition
- Generate prospects and increase student recruitment with focus on the transformative agenda
- Generate new and relevant revenue streams in SA
- Enhance progression and retention of students, members and training partners
- Keep abreast of general education trends and patterns within the accounting profession to promote CIMA's qualification, products and services
- Creating a visible presence through face-to-face presentations across educational institutions, private and public sector where education interventions are required
- Build and maintain key account relationships across these target areas
- Ensure compliance with statutory education requirements in South Africa
- Building reputation and relationships throughout South Africa through advocacy and influencing the South African education terrain
- Entrenching CIMA in employment market by building awareness and fostering key relationships with decision makers
- Sharing key insights gathered in the external environment that would influence the way CIMA operates and keeps relevant in SA
- Lead generation and creation of entry routes into CIMA by building and maintaining relationships with key educational institutions, corporate and public sector
- To provide an enhanced level of customer service by building relationships with key decision makers and maximising opportunities to increase business and revenue.
- Develop promotional strategy for each target area via database information, scanning the environment and other statistics
- To deliver presentations and other relevant sessions to groups at tertiary institutions as well as at employer events
- Become a trusted advisor to corporate and public sector n education interventions for graduate programmes, existing employees and other B-2-B partnerships
- Grow number of new students by building relationships with employers and enhancing employability of CIMA students in the South African market
- Identify and lead new revenue streams in the South African market
- Generate a monthly report of activities and revenue generated to date
- Meet yearly revenue target through leaner and more cost-efficient business operations
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Communication – diplomacy, active listening skills, one to one, one to many, telephone.
- Consultative sales skills to soft sell intangible benefits, thereby deriving income.
- Customer focused.
- Results driven; high work ethic, persuasive, determined, energetic, self-starter.
- Relationship building.
- Marketing acumen.
- Business acumen
- Business sector awareness.
- Education sector awareness.
- Team player.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- IT literate.
- Professional:demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Fluent English speaker.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree level/business qualification or qualified through relevant depth of experience.
- Proven experienced at B2B Account Management with a track record of success in selling intangible benefits
- Target responsibility with demonstrable and consistent achievement in these areas.
- Experience of working remotely and in virtual teams.
- Must be able to understand the needs of Africa and responding to such needs in Africa
- Budget exposure (preferred)
- Project management (preferred)
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we are likely to receive we regret that we are unable to respond to every unsuccessful applicant. If we have not made contact with you within 3 weeks of the closing date you have not been selected for interview on this occasion
Equal Employment Opportunity
CIMA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on the volume of applications.