RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. ...
Read more about this company
RCL FOODS is on the hunt for an X2 Account Specialist to join our Vector Logistics Team, the role is based in Westville. This successful incumbents will need to provide support to the Account Managers in the smooth running of Principal accounts, manage relationships with single-service customers in the principal environment, ensure that all queries on the account are fielded and addressed directly with the customer
The successful incumbent will need to ensure that all the service, performance (SLA), and costing data (volume & value trends) are analyzed and collated for the customer, have insight into customer requirements, and identify opportunities to create joint efficiencies to manage customer profitability.
- B.com Logistics or related (Undergraduate degree is the minimum requirement)
- 2-3 years of experience in the supply chain, customer experience, and Commercial
- Valid Code EB drivers' license
- Customer relations experience
- Sales and logistics execution processes with emphasis on 3PL concepts
- An understanding of multiple key performance indicators, inter-relationship, and bottom-line sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy (SAP MM and BW and MS Office and especially proficiency in Excel)
- Interpersonal Tolerant of stress and pressure
- Solution-oriented with a proactive approach
- Deadline driven with a high level of attention to detail
- Able to interact at all levels of the organization
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with relevant customer (Principal) departments to resolve and manage day-to-day operational queries.
- Manage interactions between customers and Vector at the appropriate level with key Vector departments including Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, and Administration (especially Commercial).
Key Account Data Analysis and Performance Reporting Management
- Manage and report on service levels including analyzing and tabling issues as well as recommended actions or solutions.
- Manage overstocking and compile the necessary reports.
- Build understanding of sales and rate trends by category/product and by customer type
- Monitor and collate sales performance by customer.
- Manage product and product category take-on and exits; work with VSS; obtain formal sign-off.
- Ensure frequent interaction with VSS and Supply Chain to ensure that information is shared, and cross-functional understanding is maintained about the expectations of the Principal.
- Obtain data and statistics from Supply Chain on SKUs and analyze performance trends on SKUs.
- Monitor new products in conjunction with planning to ensure that no ‘out of stocks’ occur.
- Manage and monitor risky expiry stocks in conjunction with planning.
- Analyze ‘bottom’ slow-moving SKUs and action in conjunction with Planning and Principal.
- Manage customer and channel take-on and exits and analyze customer trends (monitor the ‘tail’).
- Manage the calendar of business reviews and update the template before every meeting with the sales of the next month, including the analysis of service levels which must be obtained from the demand forecasters.
- Undertake competitive market research regularly.
- Provide input on Principal/Vector related projects at the tactical level (e.g. turnaround time on vehicles between depots; improving inbound services).
Customer insight and profitability management
- Identify areas for efficiency creation and joint projects to improve customer and Vector profitability
- Communicate requests from the Principal to relevant Vector stakeholders.
- Provide research and data analysis for all proposed projects.
- Work with the Commercial Department to establish relevant insights on viability.
- Compile review packs for the Customer Manager and provide insights regarding the monthly ‘numbers’.
- Print and compile reports as requested by Principals and research any ad hoc requests; providing appropriate answers and insights.
- Report on compliance of both Vector and Principals on variables as set out in the various service level agreements.
- Provide reports on non-compliance of both Vector and Principals to relevant Vector Stakeholders.
Team Coordination and Self-Management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning, prioritizing, and self-development.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not being met, the potential risks thereof, and provide appropriate resolution.
- Support and drive the business core values.
- Manage colleagues' and clients’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives.
- Champion training and development of self and others through utilizing available training opportunities or contributing to the development of new training solutions relating to product costing in collaboration with national training specialists.
- Participate in and drive regular performance appraisals and ensure that own targets and goals are clear and achievable.
- Maintain a basic appreciation and awareness of employee relations climate and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
Closing Date:12th, May 2022