Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 400+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their ...
Read more about this company
About the job
About The Role
- The most successful technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who can effectively engage with business, technical, consumer and all audiences alike, helping them understand the magic behind and the benefits of the products they use. Proactive storytelling empowers users and other important stakeholders to make informed decisions, drives awareness, usage of our products and builds on a good reputation.
What You'll Do
- For that, we need strong and lasting relationships with the news outlets and journalists in every city where we operate. Also, it's about being creative and disruptive in how we tell our story, including the use of social media and working with cross-functional teams to develop campaigns that will make positive regulatory cases. We are looking for someone to support communications in South Africa, based in Johannesburg. You will report directly to our Head of Communications, Middle East and Africa. This role will involve:
- Establishing Uber's brand and profile with the media and third parties in this region;
- Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing and food delivery—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and their audiences;
- Developing and leading Uber's external communication to support our relationships and partnerships with local governments, third-party groups, users, and regulators;
- Support our efforts in diversity and inclusion inside and outside the company.
- A PR professional with proven experience in communications, public relations, policy, and/or journalism
- A self-starter who can shape our storytelling to the world, requiring the ability to develop relationships, set a strategy, and execute
- A proven track record working on communications initiatives involving corporate, policy, and crisis communications
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written, is essential
- Highly adaptable and calm under pressure
- A fact-finder who loves to get into the details, who can distill complex ideas into simple, intellectually credible narratives
- A connected communicator with a deep network of positive relationships across the media landscape that you'll use for storytelling in a compelling way
- A team player who enjoys working with others to get stuff done
- At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.