About the job
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About The Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte Consulting, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our client's compete.
Deloitte Technical Mining Advisory (DTMA) is a specialised mining industry advisory team within Deloitte Consulting, providing technical advisory services to the broader Deloitte firm, and the mining industry as a whole.
Our professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical business challenges
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To be part of the DTMA team, delivering services to clients on delegated engagements/projects, with a specific focus on the valuation of mineral assets, technical due diligence and audit support. To develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing and assisting in delivering techno-economic advice to a wide range of mining clients
- Performing accurate and clearly presented financial and technical analysis and market research
- Contributes to operational improvement projects for mining clients
- Assisting in technical due diligence processes and associated engagements
- Creating and developing quantitative financial models to assess value and financial performance
- Gaining a deep understanding of valuation theory and obtaining an approved/relevant qualification (if not already obtained)
- Actively pursuing self-learning, on the job training and knowledge from other team members
- Contributing to broader Deloitte and DTMA initiatives and beginning to build internal networks
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject - Commerce, Finance, Geology, Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy, Earth Science etc
- An MBA or Masters in the relevant field of study would be advantageous
- A relevant professional accreditation either in progress or completed – ideally CA, CFA
- A minimum of 8 years overall experience at least 3 of which should have been gained working in either:
(i) A commercial or financial advisory position in the mining sector or
(ii) A technical position in the mining / mineral exploration sector or
(iii) As an auditor of mining / mineral exploration companies
A sound understanding of the mining value chain, including Geology, Mineral Resources, Mining, Mineral Reserves, Minerals Processing, legislation and sustainability
Capabilities and experience in a diverse range of DTMA’s offerings would be advantageous including:
Reporting of mineral asset valuations in accordance with international codes
Mineral Resource / Reserve estimation and reviews thereof
Subject Matter Expert work for strategy, audit and management consulting
Key Competencies required:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Mature Domain Expertise – Ability to apply deep, specialized expertise in a particular product/domain to solve complex business issues
Delivery Excellence - Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
- Executive Presence - Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
- Global Mindset - Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients