About the job
We’re hiring a Customer Compliance and Onboarding Agent!
SnapScan is currently looking for awesome people to join our team. For more information on the company, have a look at https://www.offerzen.com/companies/snapscan
You'll be working with the rest of our small but dynamic customer experience, operations and customer onboarding teams, onboarding customers and answering queries from our fast-growing merchant and user network. You will report to the Compliance and Customer Onboarding Lead. Some experience (1-2 years) in the field is preferred, but not required if you have the right mindset and you're eager to learn.
This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to join a dynamic Cape Town-based company, but you'll need to be ready and able to serve as product cheerleader and problem solver to our customer base. We take quick, efficient and friendly service very seriously, and expect you to do the same.
We've outlined what the position entails and what we're looking for below, but bear in mind that this is a very fluid and dynamic environment with a constantly changing set of challenges and opportunities.
If you are interested, please send your CV to [email protected]
What you will do
- This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday, 8:30-17:30), but after-hours support on weekday evenings and weekends will also be required, in a rotation schedule with other ops and support team members.
- You'll need to demonstrate a broad understanding of both the merchant- and user-facing offering - we'd like all team members to be product specialists, resolving queries independently as far as possible.
- Executing backoffice processes as they relate to Know Your Customer/Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing requirements, including remote and face-to-face registrations of both users and merchants in order to maximise conversion rates while ensuring compliance with legislation and minimising risk.
- Meaningfully contribute to the remediation of merchants who are non-compliant, with pro-active and data-driven participation in getting customers over the line into a compliant/verified state. You should be able to manage this and other related micro-projects independently.
- Liaise with external (Standard Bank) sales teams to ensure the sales process produces minimal backoffice noise.
- Liaise with the Customer Compliance and Onboarding Lead and development teams for any automation requirements to streamline backoffice process
- Feedback customer pain points to the product team, engage in the solutioning process, and participate in testing of iterations or features where necessary.
- Adapting the merchant and user onboard screening as they relate to risk based decisions, as well as adapting new and current requirements to our current as well as future onboarding funnels.
Who you are
This role requires a unique set of skills and attributes. All people are different, but we believe that if the following describes you, you will be well suited for this position:
- You are a friendly person with a positive attitude who enjoys helping others.
- You are self-motivated and don't need to be directly managed.
- You enjoy solving problems.
- You are well organised and detail-oriented.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills and a friendly telephone manner.
- Tertiary qualification preferred.
- Experience in an operations, customer service or similar role preferred.
- Good understanding of data and identifying basic trends.
- Using tools to create efficient workflows.
- You work independently, and have good time management.