The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the function that determines the technology direction and implementation to support the business. Ensures the development of a technology infrastructure plan encompassing aspects such as systems, technology, data, infosec and network architectures, acquisition plans, standards, migration strategies, and contingency aspects of the technology infrastructure. Creates an infrastructure that is able to support the required products, services and delivery mechanisms.
Execution of the Architecture Strategy and to present architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the business
- Assess and analyse business requirements and business strategy so as to present architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider industry best practice.
- Communicate and Interpret Business Intent to enable the appropriate IT Architecture is being defined
- Execute an awareness and advisory service to Business so as to provide input, as required, on Product Portfolio Profitability and Sustainability
- Large-scale projects and road maps for compatibility with the vision.
- Define roadmaps which will enable the identification and definition short term wins and long term strategic changes.
- Define, execute and alignment of Enabler Epics to align to strategic themes of the organisation
- Define and maintain Functional Architecture to define the relevant architecture that supports the business strategy and intent
- Align to the enterprise data reference architecture in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Ensure Data engineering security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards and global best practice
- Lead the Architectural initiatives and decision-making processes impacting the delivery of tasks and strategy
Maintain practices in line with organisational guidelines, policies, culture and values
- Ensure service practices and standards are aligned to all policies and procedures
- Develop and encourage strong teamwork
- Manage areas of critical compliance and actively manage non-conformance
- Continually contribute to product knowledge of the team and other functional areas
- Actively live the Organizational Culture and values
Engages with others in line with organisational guidelines, policies, culture and values
- Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with the Products and Client Services teams to deliver required service levels.
- Actively participate in the Products and Client Services teams to ensure functional balanced scorecard objectives are achieved.
- Ensure achievement of own performance objectives.
- Actively share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas.
- Actively participate in own professional development and career path.
- Honour’s degree in BCom Informatics/BSc Computer Science/BSc Engineering or equivalent
- Deep understanding of evolutionary architecture is a requirement. Knowledge of other frameworks (e.g. Zachman) will be an advantage.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture visualisation tools to create blueprint.
- olid knowledge in creating architecture for all domains in one or more of the following areas: Database architecture, Big Data, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, No-SQL databases, Advanced Analytics, AI, Data Mining, ETL
- Solid knowledge in system requirements and system architecture to meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, cloud, virtualisation and networking protocols
- Ability to recognise functional interdependencies, to assimilate and correlate disconnected procedures and process, and articulate their collective relevance to the organisation.
- Understanding and experience in micro services architecture.
- Understanding and experience in API management and gateways.
- 8-10 years’ experience in architecture domains such as business, data & application architecture, with at least 5 years’ enterprise architecture experience.
- A good understanding of ICT industry standards, risk management, information security, components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models will be highly considered.