The Shoprite Group of Companies, comprising several iconic brands, is the largest retailer in Africa. It started out as a group of eight grocery stores in 1979, and has grown into a technologically-advanced, continent-wide business selling items from food, liquor and medicine, to concert tickets and furniture. Today the Group is at the forefront of retail...
Read more about this company
Purpose of the Job
To ensure continuous IT infrastructure service delivery for IT users through timely installations and resolving issues.
Roles Outcomes entails: Incident management of end user store devices, To set-up, configure and install end point devices, i.e desktops and POS, Manage infrastructure vendors, i.e cabling, UPS, Voice, Data, end point installations, Manage the new store opening process.
Incident management of end user store devices:
- Reported incidents must be resolved or a work around found within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA). Understand and adhere to the different levels of authority of users and accompanying SLA’s (e.g. executives get immediate assistance; users can be given up to 4 hours to resolve, etc.).
- Second Line telephonic user support. Remote support by dialling into end point, i.e. desktop of store device
- Visit with user or site to resolve issue.
- Physically doing a call-out to resolve problems at the user’s work station (third option).
- Ensure quality work delivered, which will include monitoring of performance. Ensure continuous service.
- Take ownership of problems and progressing problem resolution.
- Providing advice or training to users about the systems functionality, correct operation or constraints, - devising work-arounds, correcting faults.
To set-up, configure and install end point devices, i.e desktops and POS. Installation and configuration of new end point devices, i.,e. PCs, POS:
- Reloading of software of PCs and store end point devices.
- Ensuring integrity and cesurity of user or end point data.
- Installation and configuration of peripherals, i.e. printers.
- Adhere to installation standards and configurations.
Manage infrastructure vendors, i.e cabling, UPS, Voice, Data, end point installations:
- Liaise and Manage Third Party vendors to perform installations or maintenance Comply and ensure standards are enforced.
- Servicing of end point devices and peripherals.
- Install and configure end point devices as part of rollout projects.
Manage the new store opening process:
- Engage and understand business requirements for new site layouts
- Plan and facilitate installations of third party services.
- Escalations of issues for planned installations.
- Progress communications of site installations.
- Installation and configuration of store end point devices.
- Manage vendor and assist with installations of Voice, Data and wireless installations.
- Matric/ Grade 12
- A+, N+, MCSE certification
- 2-4 Years experience in IT field support
Knowledge and Skills
- Micosoft products i.e: Windows, Office suite etc
- Network topologies, support and setup thereof
- TCP/IP Networking