About the job
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za
An exciting permanent position for a motivated and numerate Risk Pricing Specialist has become available in the Corporate Insurance Pricing team within Momentum Corporate.
- The purpose of this role is to price and manage the risk in respect of new and existing business to ensure profitability and sustainability. The area is a high-pressure environment and the suitable candidate needs to be able to produce high quality work while ensuring that tight deadlines are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Screening and analysing new and existing business pricing requests.
- Gathering, assessing and analysing all relevant information needed to produce a new business tender or rate renewal.
- Review existing business premium rates, terms and conditions
- Compiling, analysing and monitoring claims experience for new and existing business.
- Assessing and calculating the risk rate and underwriting requirements for the products requested, utilising the current pricing tools.
- Determining suitable terms and conditions in order to effectively manage risk.
- Extracting data from existing systems, as well as validation and manipulation of the data.
- Accurate recording of data for business intelligence and reporting.
- Consider wider topics of risk management such as occupational and industry risks.
- Internal and external client liaison/collaboration with regards to rates, products and other risk issues.
- Build and improve current models and internal processes.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and calculations, e.g. Disability buy-outs, profit sharing calculations and reinsurance comparisons.
- Assist with risk calculations and provide technical support to the FundsAtWork Pricing department.
- Ensure that all authorisation protocols, tools and systems are adhered to and are used correctly and effectively
- Build a strong relationship with the sales channel so that existing business is retained at profitable rates while new business is secured with appropriate margins.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant organisation’s to ensure in-depth knowledge of all related acts, regulations and regulatory frameworks.
- Compile, monitor and deliver on service level agreements with internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of all queries and problems.
- Participate in the design and application of a stakeholder feedback capability in respect of service delivery.
- Track and address Product Pricing related complaints and identify trends and major issues to be addressed.
Enhance The Image Of MMH Through Professional Client Liaison
- Internally and externally with other Departments/ Brokers/ Employers/ Members/ Reinsurers
- Work together with consultants to support client retention and new business acquisition via excellent customer service and maintaining excellent client and broker relationships.
- Provide technical pricing guidance and support to the Sales Channel and other departments.
- Ensure rates and underwriting requirements provided mitigate financial risks.
- Increase profits and ensure rates provided are sustainable.
- Contribute towards reducing departmental operating costs.
- Analytical thinking (including problem identification and problem analysis).
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to work well independently and also within a team.
- Excellent people skills.
- Self-management and accountability.
- Live and uphold the MMH values
- Quality and service oriented.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral).
- Good judgment, effective decision making and problem-solving.
- Data management skills.
- Time management, flexibility and adaptability.
- Planning and organizing.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum matric with exemption including Mathematics (Pure) and Accounting/Physical Science
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Mathematics or Statistics is preferable.
- 2-5 years' work experience in the Insurance, Employee Benefits or other Financial Services industry is preferable, but not a pre-requisite.
- Work experience in Group Risk pricing is preferable, but not a pre-requisite.
- Good MS Word and MS Excel skills.
- MS Access, SQL or Visual Basic experience will be an advantage.