About the job
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible! We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
Your 'day to day'
As IT Consumer Manager, you'll contribute to the execution of the IT Strategy and plans by leading all phases of projects in assigned portfolio handling business priorities based on project management methodology.
More specifically, you'll
- Understand business needs, define requirements, propose efficient solution, confirm financial proposal of the project and inspire change
- Drive strong business alignment, esp. collaborating with local/global digital departments ensuring IT B2C is considered in all relevant business initiatives/projects
- Show eye for business e.g., by encouraging innovations with the help of visiting digital fairs, conferences, etc. and share/collaborate internally as well as with other PMI markets and the PMI digital lab
- Solve specific business problems by executing experiments, projects, etc. with innovative means applying project methodologies like FastForward, Agile, SCRUM, Design thinking, etc.
- Co-lead major PMI projects in the commercial area supporting RRP and CCs with focus on digital/analytical systems and close collaboration with all business functions & 3rd parties in the B2C area
- Apply project management, change management, service management methodology and usability practices based on known solutions, applications and good practices assuring alignment to standards
- Drive communication and co-ordination for the success of the projects in the area of B2C ensuring agility, business alignment, encouraging innovations, etc.
- Drive the projects within agreed scope, budget, resources and timing
- Ensure measures are taken in projects to increase quality and mitigate risk, lead scope change and expectation, including risk analyses, impact assessment, needs assessment, financial analysis, test planning and execution, contingency and deployment plans
- Acquire functional & technical know-how related to business and IT processes in the area of RRP & Analytics systems to ensure day-to-day activities as well as business projects can be supported in the best manner
- Ensure an excellent service offered to the business functions and drive ongoing improvements in the area of RRP & Analytics system focusing on vendor management, system integration and interfaces
- Ensure that all IT services under your responsibility are aligned with PMI P&Ps and IT controls
- Support PMG in the vision to become a data-driven company focusing on data flows across all B2C & B2B systems by e.g., understanding the source of all RRP related data, the various system interfaces as well as meaning of significant data
- Lead the delivery of all project outcomes related to PMSA strategy as an IT project manager for all components in scope including integration tasks and migration of data from legacy systems to new system landscape working closely with all technical product owner at PMSA as well as local business, esp. digital stream and global functions and 3rd parties
- Support PM RE as IT project
- Establish an agreed, sustainable & documented projects and Run & Support model in collaboration with internal & external partners
- Support the IT audit activities
- Take over service manager for commercial services and execute related tasks e.g., IT controls in time, documented and shared with team colleagues
- Improve the existing Run & Support model and service management/change management strategy, including continuous service improvement for IT related incidents/changes with
- Investigate on "less adding value" daily activities in your responsible area (e.g., CRM, DCS,), document and outsource to 3rd parties
- Manage Vendor relationships and implement the vendor framework accordingly
Who we're looking for
- Matric certificate
- Relevant Computer Sciences, Information Systems and /or Business Degree is required
- Agile Certification (Agile PM, Scrum, etc.) is required
- A minimum of 8-10 years of IT experience
- Proven experience managing IT projects within a consumer space is required
- Experience in multinational company incl. people management experience
- Experience with collaborating with cross-functions and managing 3rd party supplier is key
- Solid experience in validation prior to submitting work. Work with defined analysis within a project scope, routine work typically is short term activities.
- Lead all aspects of scope of work defined, coordinate projects and analyses for approval based on preliminary investigations
- Experience in FMCG or banking environment is preferred
“PMI is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all members of society irrespective of age, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, religion or belief, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
PMI is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.”