What will you do?
The role of the Service Delivery Manager is to build and manage relationships between partners to deliver on key business metrics. This includes developing, managing, and administering service management best practices, and ensuring that internal and external partners meet their obligations. This role spans across 46 internal and external IT partners.
The role functions within the context of enabling the operational objectives of the Loyalty and Rewards COE of growing the loyalty of Sanlam clients through positive client engagements, and that there is ultimately a return on the investment to the shareholder. Within that context, there are various internal and external forces that influence the role:
- Contractual obligations by partners.
- Drive engagement with partners based on strategic initiatives within business.
- Ensuring disaster recovery and business continuity processes are in place to minimise business disruption.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Design and implement SLA’s with partners to deliver on specific IT metrics.
- Operationalization of the SLA for smooth day to day running within the IT Operations team.
- Chair SLA forums with partners to manage and improve Service Delivery.
- Process documentation.
- Drive process adoption within the IT and Business Operations teams.
Business Continuity Processes (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) Management
- Design and implement Business Continuity Processes specific to each partner.
- Key contact for all Disaster Recovery events.
- Key contact for all COVID-19 related requirements. These include but not limited to technology assistance, rotation scheduling, permits, lockdown level scenario planning.
- Effective facilitation of Disaster Recovery exercises.
Monitoring, Controlling and Reporting
- Create and effective IT monitoring environment to provide the business with assurance that the relevant systems are available for all member touch points. Key systems include Database, API, Website, Mobile App, Infrastructure link between partners.
- Management reporting on the state of service delivery, key initiatives, and improvement plans.
- Own the standby schedule for member support within Reality and key partners for after hours and weekends. Participate in standby according to schedule.
Service Management Improvements
- Remediation of root causes for critical incidents.
- Remediation of service failures for key business processes.
- Project manage the implementation of key initiatives within IT Service Delivery.
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant IT Qualification
- ITIL experience
- 5-8 experience in technology, of which 2-3 years in a service management role.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding of information technology, systems, infrastructure, networks, solutions, and products.
- Demonstrable experience in the field of IT SLA Management, partner engagements, drafting of SLA’s, data reporting, business presentation.
- Proven experience in disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
- Customer service experience with the ability to understand service impacts on the Customer, and use this insight to drive resolution activity and solutions ·
- Ability to understand technical issues and drive out appropriate resolutions and root cause analysis.
- Presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Risk management knowledge
- Keen listening and understanding skills
- Self-driven and goal oriented
- Driving & Co-ordination skills
- Good inter & intra personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Can do attitude
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Innovative thinking
- Decision Making
- Outgoing personality