Requisition ID: 31722
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
We are actively seeking an individual who can join the Building Information Modeling (BIM) and computer-aided design (CAD) support team. Hatch are looking for an exceptional passionate candidate combined with a willingness to learn to join our growing team in Johannesburg. As part of our wider engineering team the applicant will help implement, setup, support and train BIM and CAD applications.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Setup BIM and CAD applications according to organizations best practices
- Support the development of company BIM and CAD standards, and update as necessary
- Take part in identifying and implementing areas of new technology, applications and processes
- Continuing support and training of in-house BIM and CAD capabilities within Hatch
- Regular meetings to share knowledge, recent experiences, ideas and mitigate risks so to best serve the wider business and future projects
- Provide guidance and training to other members of the team and business when required
- Assist in developing and implementing internal Hatch documents
- Ensures BIM standards are being followed by project stakeholders
- Advise project stakeholders on data exchange methods, and create model exchange schedules
- Liaise directly with project stakeholders
- Promote increased collaboration between project stakeholders
- Advise Hatch’s project managers and project teams with regards to BIM best practices to ensure information coordination
- Must be able to communicate well in English
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years applicable experience
- Understanding of design, BIM and its application in CAD design, planning and construction management
- Enthusiastic and positive team player Up to date knowledge of BIM technology and interoperability standards / good all-round technical knowledge and enthusiasm
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent Communicator – ability to provide clear guidance to the whole project team, to coordinate a successful outcome
The follow list of applications are not essential but will be a great benefit
- Bentley (select series or above) – MicroStation, OpenPlant Modeler, OpenPlant Specification Generator, OpenPlant Isometrics Manager, BRCM, AECOsim, Inroads, Navigator
- Bentley (XM) – PlantSpace P&ID, Design Series Modeling, DataManager, Bentley Structural
- Autodesk – Navisworks, Revit and any others
- SmartPlant – any of the applications
- VBA programming
Key Competencies And Generic Skills
- Keen interest and positive attitude in engineering design, while taking ownership and being proactive in the working environment
- Possess initiative and good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines.
- Accuracy – Attention to detail and correctness
- Committed to delivering excellent levels of service
- Good communication skills
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.