Fuse Universal is unique: A next-generation, mobile-first solution that has turned Learning & Development on its head. By putting business outcomes front and centre stage, Fuse lets companies build a culture of continuous learning that delivers measurable business results.
We're looking for a talented Lead Backend Ruby on Rails or similar developer to work in a hyper collaborative and creative environment. You'll be a key member of the team developing our main product, the Fuse platform. Our product is already reshaping an industry, and with your help we'll move it into a market leading position.
The role of Lead is crucial to the effective running of our Engineering teams. You will be responsible for leading the team technically. You will work with the Architect teams to ensure your solution designs are aligned strategically, with Product Managers to ensure we meet our functional and non-functional requirements and with Delivery and QA to ensure quality and project delivery dates are met.
Fuse's core values are collaboration and taking initiative; we're not looking for someone to just write code, we're looking for someone to be part of the conversation. To bring their brains, passion and creativity to the table to help us figure out the smartest, fastest way to forge an omni-platform learning solution to delight our end users and clients.
Ultimately responsible for guiding the technical decisions made within a team, the Tech Lead will use leadership skills and technical understanding to drive, lead and motivate the team to build and deliver great software.
- Designing solution in collaboration with Fuse Architects and as part of a Technical design authority.
- Working closely with the Product Owner/Manager, to facilitate effective communication of requirements to technical stakeholders and squad members.
- Working closely with developers, to facilitate effective communication of technical concepts, blockers or dependencies to non-technical business stakeholders and squad members.
- Keeping up-to-date and aware of technical challenges within the team or larger chapter as they emerge, and supporting with necessary communication and remediation efforts.
- Ensuring the team is providing realistic effort and delivery estimations to the Product Owner/Manager (not over OR under estimating).
- Ensuring sprint commitments of the team are realistic and achievable.
- Facilitating technical and architectural discussions with developers and other technical stakeholders, and ensuring the resulting technical designs are accurately documented by the required parties.
- Ensuring that the team is complying with the larger chapter direction and technical governance.
- Collaborating with line-managers to maintain a high-performing development team, ensuring performance concerns and areas for improvement are flagged.
What will you do:
- Together with your team, you will deliver quality features and functionality to end-users.
- You will iterate on delivered features, ensuring that the architecture and functionality are updated and fit for purpose.
- You will test and document the functionality that you are delivering.
- You will use your skills and experience to help drive and influence the technical direction of the core team.
- You will work in an organisation that encourages innovation and is striving to deliver that to our end users.
- You will be working in an environment that cares about you and supports your personal growth and success.
- Rails, Django, Phoenix, Laravel, Express, Spring, .Net Core, Angular or React.js
- We are currently making use of Rails, React.js and Backbone.js
Skills & Tools:
- Test Driven Development: RSpec, Mocha; Behaviour Driven Development: Cucumber, Capybara; Git
- SQL (MySQL and PostgreSQL), Elasticsearch or other search engine
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Proactive, Communicative, Questioning Culture, Committed Team-player, Driven by results & value, Accountable, Assertive, Experiment with Controlled risk, Quick Learner