Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the prim...
Read more about this company
About the job
As the financial sector evolves to embrace digitisation and the rapid evolution of the technology landscape, traditional architectures and solutions are being challenged and are unable to ensure business meets its growth objectives and provide efficient solutions to clients. Within the context of an integrated financial service organisation, it is also opportune to continue to re-examine and align the architecture to support the broader organisational objectives.
We are looking for an experienced Lead, Practice Automation to join our team. This role contributes to that journey through the enablement and support of features on the Enterprise Architecture.
To lead & drive the implementation of Intelligent Process Automation and Operations Effectiveness projects by applying project management methodologies and Consulting skills in order to achieve project success within approved parameters in terms of scope, cost and quality and successful delivery of the capabilities, practices and service offerings of the Intelligent Process Automation Centre of Excellence across the Standard Bank Group.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Business Commerce and/or Information Technology would be a minimum requirement for this role. Project Management certification is essential.
- An Honours degree in Information Technology or Business Commerce would be beneficial
- 8-10 years Business Performance Improvement
- The role requires an individual with a proven track record in project management implementation, governance and operational procedures within the organisation. Financial services and/or Shared Services experience would be essential
Business Process Improvement
- Project Reporting
- Write Effective Communications
- Business Process Design
- Change Management (IT)
- Project Management (Project Mgmt)
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Support the project execution for specific Practice Areas within the Intelligent Process Automation COE to ensure the resolution or mitigation of risks.
- Comply with the Banks Change Management policies, procedures and minimum standards to ensure project governance.
- Prepare documents for project closure to ensure contribution to building the Banks intellectual property.
- Define the minimum standards, templates and tools for the specific Practice as agreed by the Intelligent Process Automation Centre of Excellence.
- Initiate and perform project planning to ensure successful delivery of the COE practice services across the customer base (Business Lines and Corporate Functions).
- Utilise deep knowledge of a specific practice area to develop strategic solutions for Business Lines and Corporate Functions across various regions and countries.
- Drive the execution of project activities to ensure project governance adherence and success.
- Engage with business partners, vendors and stakeholders to achieve project deliverables within required timeframes.
- Act as the Process Automation and Operations Excellence subject matter expert on a defined practice area to provide thought leadership and advice to senior leaders across the Standard Bank Group in order to expand the practice and COE.
- Drive the implementation of Process Automation and Operations Excellence projects and changes to ensure project success.
- Act as a deep specialist in order to become an enabling capability for the Business Line leaders and to see the client deliver success. Collaborate closely with Business Line leaders to understand their strategic objectives and drive success of these strategic objectives through the delivery of OE and Automation projects.
Technology & Architecture
- Monitor the coordination of system testing as per business requirements within relevant timelines to maintain system availability and efficiencies.
- Monitor the collation and supply of evidence for successful and unsuccessful system testing to mitigate failures and project delays.
- Monitor first line investigation testing for system changes, fixes and enhancements to support project and business objectives.
- Coordinate and execute on all physical infrastructure requirements to ensure successful project implementation.