About the job
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday, and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world a smoke-free world.
Your ‘day to day’
- The Logistics Service Provider (LSP) will ensure efficient flows in terms of time, cost and quality for Physical movements – ensuring that goods are stored and moved in accordance with all local laws and PIM practices and procedures; Information flow – ensuring that all physical movements are properly and accurately reflected in all relevant systems and reports; Documentation flow – ensuring that all relevant documents (including customs and excise when applicable) are produced and provided in compliance with PMI procedure, local and international regulations by
LSP management and communication
- Oversee full flow for assigned commodity (Finished Goods, Leaf or direct materials, spare parts when applicable) through the factory
- Ensure smooth and effective communication between Factory, logistic Service Provider, Regional Supply Chain, Tax and Broker (when applicable)
- Monitor costs efficiently, provide analyses related to resources utilization and propose corrective actions when needed
- Monitor that appropriate performance is delivered (best used by, first in first out, damages sorting, Loss of Good Destruction define improvement priorities and action plans to ensure adherence to PMI quality standards and legal requirements
- Efficiently allocate and monitor incoming requests, either in-plant or to remote resources, by setting priorities to meet customers’ deadlines
- . Identify productivity improvement opportunities based on internal analysis and proactive external benchmarking, set improvement targets for logistics service provider and internal teams and ensure implementation. Participate in new business developments to evaluate impact on existing logistics infrastructure (warehouses, product flows and systems). Ensure proper usage of available systems and resources to keep optimal balance between cost, quality, service, safety and security requirements.
- Deploy and sustain OPEN +/ world class manufacturing methodology
Reporting and analysis
Prepare and supervise the LSP
- Manage records in SAP and WMS performed by logistics service provider employees to ensure the accuracy of the data recorded and propose solutions where deviations are observed
- Generate weekly and monthly reports related to inventory management, coordinate inventory processes (physical stock accounts and system alignment), LSP proof of performance and broker activity when applicable
Sustainability / compliance
- Ensure that LSP and own department employees align with and adhere to local safety measures, fire regulations, hygienic and property-security regulations, policies and procedures in order to increase and maintain health and safety awareness, establish healthy and safe environment for the employees and service provider(s) and prevent damage and loss of the company assets. Perform on a regular basis housekeeping and safety audits to validate storage conditions, sanitation, and product integrity according to PMI warehousing guidelines. Propose and ensure implementation of corrective actions where vital. Ensure work conditions in department in compliance with norms defined by local legislation.
- Organize business processes at assigned work area in compliance with Sustainability rules, policies and procedures. Evaluate risks at workplaces, take appropriate measures for risks reduction. Conduct safety instruction, safety traineeship, safety knowledge assessment for subordinates in cases as required by applicable legislation.
- Work in close collaboration with Sustainability department to develop and improve departmental safety and job procedures.
Who we’re looking for
- Completed University Degree in Logistics, Engineering or similar field
- Min 5 years’ experience in Operations with 2 year working experience in Logistics Service Management is required
- World class standard manufacturing will be advantageous
- Fluent in English (verbal and writing)
- Data driven Stock Management (stock movements control)
- Advance user proficiency in MS Excel and SAP
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
To join our growing team…
Closing date 19 May 2021